Submitted by Markmohrfield on Fri, 29/03/2013 – 14:43
Both the Guide draft (pg 255) and the Sartar Companion (pg 243) state that the Glowspot produced by the Crimson Bat “acts in all ways as the Lunar Glowline”, which would mean that Lunar Magic within it would act as if it were cast on Half-moon days. However, the Companion adds “All Lunar Magicians with(sic) the Glowspot act as if the Red Moon were full.” Which is correct?
The answer is in Pavis: Gateway to Adventure
Submitted by David on Sun, 31/03/2013 – 06:32.
The most recent Moon Design publication is Pavis: Gateway to Adventure. It contains the basis of the Lunar Religion.
Page 410 – The Glowline states: “…so the Glowline was created by Yara Aranis to maintain Lunar magical constancy within its limits, as if it were always the Half Moon.”
Page 403 – The Lunar cycle states: “Full Half, Empty Half: All glamours work normally as described in these rules.” and “Full Moon: All stretch penalties are cancelled. Praise the Goddess!”
(It would not be unreasonable to assume that those Lunar magicians on the back of the Bat act as though the Moon is full).
The Guide (when published) and Pavis are correct.
(Errata submitted for next edition of the Companion).
Submitted by Charles on Sun, 31/03/2013 – 04:04.
This answer is part speculation and subject to correction.
Lunars that are Sevened (the Lunar name for Illuminated) are able to cast magic at increased strength when bathed in the light of the Full Moon. Sources of this light include the day and night of the Full Moon (!), being within the Glowline and near Glowspots such as the Bat, the Red Emperor and, perhaps, Great Sister.
Most of the greatest Lunar Magicians are Sevened.
Archived Glorantha Q&A from Moondesign.com
- A Question About Arkati Henotheism and Arkat’s Runes (2013)
- Additional Examples of Charms, Spells, and Natural Magic/Talents
- Arkat and Grachamagacan (2012)
- Artwork for end of Starbrows Rebellion
- Boats in Pavis
- Can the Devil be worshipped like any other God? (2012)
- Chalana Arroy and myths concerning her
- Circumventing Lunar Cyclism
- Confusion on women in the Cult of Yelmalio (2012)
- Conversion rules from previous Runequests to Runequest 6: a possibility?
- Cult Colours
- Do Mostali heroquest? (2012)
- Doom Guardians
- Duck Bounty
- Eleven big giant mountains and stuff….
- Employment in Pavis
- Feast of Beasts – day of week?
- Female Slorifings
- Foundchild a few questions
- Fourth Figure in the Middle Air on the Guide to Glorantha cover
- Frekor Firmfarer
- Gen Con 2013?
- Generic term for elves, dwarfs, trolls, etc.
- Getting new runes
- Guide to Glorantha-any updates?
- Guidelines for creating spells for RQ6 (2013)
- Has the product production list evolved?
- I want to see the Godswall at leisure
- Lake Felster
- Larnste’s Footprint
- Lhankor Mhy Runes
- Lodril Writeup?
- Lunar Grimoires (2012)
- Lunar Imperial Clans – the Sixth Wane
- Magnetism, and magnetic north (2013)
- Male Chalana Arroy?
- Malkioni views on marriage, miscegenation, and adultery
- Man Rune
- MiG III (2012)
- No Dragonewts in Pamaltela
- Orlanthi Worship in the Lunar Empire
- Phases of the moon / EWF
- Plans to run kickstarters for future books?
- Plant Brothers
- Pool of serenity (2012)
- Population of Darjinn
- Ragnaglar, some questions (2012)
- Red Moon again– Distance
- Rune colors
- Rune Fonts (2012)
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes Adulthood Initiations
- Seseine? (2012)
- So how do we play Illumination ?
- Soldiers of the Red Moon / Rune Metal Jacket
- Storm Bull Temples (2012)
- summer night length
- Tell me about the Ratuki
- The Assiday in Raibanth
- The Closing
- The Geos Rune (2012)
- The Great Boat Quest
- The Independent tribes of Prax
- The Lismelder Clan Transcript
- The Marriage of Pavis … to Ernalda?
- The Order of Bountiful Arcana (2013)
- The Order of Undeniable Righteousness
- Time Reckoning in Glorantha
- Urox Question
- Vinga devotee feats
- What ever happened to the Puma People?
- What is the Red Moon Phase in Pavis on a given day?
- What is Yelmalio?
- Where did Belintar come from? (2012)
- Which runes are associated with Heler?
- Who is the Lord of the World’s Knowledge?
- Who were the mysterious ‘gold people’ who accompanied Lord Pavis?
- Yelm in HQ2 (2013)