Submitted by GianniVacca on Tue, 08/01/2013 – 09:20
Are there monks in the various Gloranthan religions?
Submitted by Jeff on Tue, 08/01/2013 – 11:48.
Yes. Many Gloranthan religions and cults have dedicated religious ascetics with which the term “monk” can fairly be used. Peloria, the West, and the East all have communities of ascetics. Heck, even the initiates of certain Chalana Arroy or Lhankor Mhy temples could also be compared with various monastic traditions.
But do we have anything that can properly be compared with Benedictine monasticism (or its various medieval heirs) and its specific vows or organizational structure? Nothing really comes to mind – most Gloranthan monasticism is more comparable to Buddhist or Jainist or Hindu traditions than Christian.
Editor-in-Chief, Moon Design Publications
- A Question About Arkati Henotheism and Arkat’s Runes (2013)
- Additional Examples of Charms, Spells, and Natural Magic/Talents
- Arkat and Grachamagacan (2012)
- Artwork for end of Starbrows Rebellion
- Boats in Pavis
- Can the Devil be worshipped like any other God? (2012)
- Chalana Arroy and myths concerning her
- Circumventing Lunar Cyclism
- Comparable Manirian technology/historical level (2012)
- Confusion on women in the Cult of Yelmalio (2012)
- Conversion rules from previous Runequests to Runequest 6: a possibility?
- Crimson Bat’s Glowspot
- Cult Colours
- Do Mostali heroquest? (2012)
- Doom Guardians
- Duck Bounty
- Eleven big giant mountains and stuff…. (2012)
- Employment in Pavis
- Feast of Beasts – day of week?
- Female Slorifings (2012)
- Foundchild a few questions (2013)
- Fourth Figure in the Middle Air on the Guide to Glorantha cover
- Frekor Firmfarer
- Gen Con 2013?
- Generic term for elves, dwarfs, trolls, etc.
- Getting new runes
- Guide to Glorantha-any updates?
- Guidelines for creating spells for RQ6 (2013)
- Has the product production list evolved?
- I want to see the Godswall at leisure
- Larnste’s Footprint
- Lhankor Mhy Runes (2012)
- Lodril Writeup? (2012)
- Lunar Grimoires (2012)
- Lunar Imperial Clans – the Sixth Wane
- Magnetism, and magnetic north (2013)
- Male Chalana Arroy?
- Malkioni views on marriage, miscegenation, and adultery
- Man Rune
- MiG III (2012)
- No Dragonewts in Pamaltela
- Orlanthi Worship in the Lunar Empire
- Phases of the moon / EWF
- Plans to run kickstarters for future books?
- Plant Brothers (2012)
- Pool of serenity (2012)
- Population of Darjinn
- Ragnaglar, some questions (2012)
- Red Moon again- Distance (2012)
- Rune colors
- Rune Fonts (2012)
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes Adulthood Initiations
- Seseine? (2012)
- So how do we play Illumination ?
- Soldiers of the Red Moon / Rune Metal Jacket
- Storm Bull Temples (2012)
- summer night length
- Tell me about the Ratuki
- The Assiday in Raibanth
- The Closing
- The Geos Rune (2012)
- The Great Boat Quest
- The Independent tribes of Prax
- The Lismelder Clan Transcript
- The Marriage of Pavis … to Ernalda?
- The Order of Bountiful Arcana (2013)
- The Order of Undeniable Righteousness
- Time Reckoning in Glorantha
- Urox Question
- Vinga devotee feats
- What ever happened to the Puma People?
- What is the Red Moon Phase in Pavis on a given day?
- What is Yelmalio?
- Where did Belintar come from? (2012)
- Which runes are associated with Heler?
- Who is the Lord of the World’s Knowledge?
- Who were the mysterious ‘gold people’ who accompanied Lord Pavis?
- Yelm in HQ2 (2013)
Page Last updated: 2023-10-07 16:30:04