Submitted by Pastafarian on Mon, 01/10/2012 – 14:29
I’m in the planning stages of a convention scenario and the setting I’m leaning towards is Arkat’s circa 410 storming of Tanewal (the capital of Tanisor) and the defeat of Grachamagacan the Iron Vampire.
I’ve researched this using printed and online sources and have the broad outlines (Arkat’s membership in an ill-fated Brithini expedition, his turning to Seshnela for support and becoming a Hrestoli knight, the Tanisorian leaders using Nysaloran magic to become vampires to defend their land, the Bright Empire sending “krjalki forces” to aid the defense, the removal of Grachamagacan’s helmet by Malaskan Phillippe after he is slain by Arkat, etc.)
If there’s any more offical information available regarding this campaign and the capture/razing of Tanewal, I’d appreciate hearing it.
From the Guide
Submitted by David on Mon, 01/10/2012 – 17:17.
I can’t find much more even in Greg’s Arkat Saga.
The Guide says “In Seshnela, Arkat began to train to become a Man of All. In 410 Arkat led a Seshnelan army into Tanisor and defeated King Grachamagacan the Iron Vampire.”
Of Talar Malaskan Phillippe (aka TMP): “The current ruler of Arolanit and the four-times removed great grandson of Malkion the Prophet. He was born during the ice age, before the sun rose and began time. He led part of the Fourth Brithos Army of Law, and tore the helmet off Grachamagacan the Iron Vampire, King of Tanisor, when Arkat slew it. He became Talar of Arolanit about five centuries ago.”
Of Tanewal: “Red Ruin: Site of the old capital thrown down by Arkat the Liberator, from whence once ruled the Vampire King of Tanisor. Although its ancient name was Tanewal, it has been called the Red Ruins since the Gbaji Wars, and no one goes there because it is haunted, cursed, and damned.”
Archived Glorantha Q&A from Moondesign.com
- A Question About Arkati Henotheism and Arkat’s Runes (2013)
- Additional Examples of Charms, Spells, and Natural Magic/Talents
- Artwork for end of Starbrows Rebellion
- Boats in Pavis
- Chalana Arroy and myths concerning her
- Circumventing Lunar Cyclism
- Confusion on women in the Cult of Yelmalio
- Conversion rules from previous Runequests to Runequest 6: a possibility?
- Crimson Bat’s Glowspot
- Cult Colours
- Do Mostali heroquest?
- Doom Guardians
- Duck Bounty
- Eleven big giant mountains and stuff….
- Employment in Pavis
- Feast of Beasts – day of week?
- Female Slorifings
- Foundchild a few questions
- Fourth Figure in the Middle Air on the Guide to Glorantha cover
- Frekor Firmfarer
- Gen Con 2013?
- Generic term for elves, dwarfs, trolls, etc.
- Getting new runes
- Guide to Glorantha-any updates?
- Guidelines for creating spells for RQ6
- Has the product production list evolved?
- I want to see the Godswall at leisure
- Lake Felster
- Larnste’s Footprint
- Lhankor Mhy Runes
- Lunar Grimoires
- Lunar Imperial Clans – the Sixth Wane
- Magnetism, and magnetic north
- Male Chalana Arroy?
- Malkioni views on marriage, miscegenation, and adultery
- Man Rune
- MiG III
- No Dragonewts in Pamaltela
- Orlanthi Worship in the Lunar Empire
- Phases of the moon / EWF
- Plans to run kickstarters for future books?
- Plant Brothers
- pool of serenity.
- Population of Darjinn
- Ragnaglar, some questions.
- Red Moon again– Distance
- Rune colors
- Rune Fonts
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes Adulthood Initiations
- So how do we play Illumination ?
- Soldiers of the Red Moon / Rune Metal Jacket
- Storm Bull Temples
- summer night length
- Tell me about the Ratuki
- The Assiday in Raibanth
- The Closing
- The Geos Rune
- The Great Boat Quest
- The Independent tribes of Prax
- The Lismelder Clan Transcript
- The Marriage of Pavis … to Ernalda?
- The Order of Bountiful Arcana
- The Order of Undeniable Righteousness
- Time Reckoning in Glorantha
- Urox Question
- Vinga devotee feats
- What ever happened to the Puma People?
- What is the Red Moon Phase in Pavis on a given day?
- What is Yelmalio?
- Which runes are associated with Heler?
- Who is the Lord of the World’s Knowledge?
- Who were the mysterious ‘gold people’ who accompanied Lord Pavis?
- Yelm in HQ2