Submitted by Heort on Sun, 14/10/2012 – 06:05
I’m going to use the “summons of evil” ritual in my next session, probably a “light version”. Have you ever staged this ritual in your game, and if you did, what did it look like? I know the stories in King of Sartar (p.81) and Orlanth is dead! (p. 53): is there any documentation about it elsewhere?
Submitted by Jeff on Mon, 22/10/2012 – 09:31.
Here’s the story of the The Summons of Evil
Editor-in-Chief, Moon Design Publications
Submitted by soltakss on Sun, 21/10/2012 – 13:22.
Yes, our Orlanthi Clan used it in our Blue Storm Dancers campaign. I can’t remember the exact details, as it was probably 7 years ago, but they had been raided by several chaotic foes over the years and decided to bring things to a head. They performed the Summons of Evil ritual and named their particular foes, causing them all to rock up over the next few days. I ran it as a HeroQuest, with the foes taking up the ritual positions and it seemed to work really well.The advantage was that the clan could summon their foes in a fairly predictable way so that the clan could plan their defence. This went against the normal sneak and slay attacks that were very difficult to predict and defend against. It was quite intense, but the clan succeeded in defeating these recurring enemies.Of course, the enemy doesn’t have to be chaotic, or even evil, just needs to be an enemy of the clan. Simon Phipp.
Submitted by Charles on Mon, 15/10/2012 – 11:12.
There’s also King of Dragon Pass – the Summons of Evil ‘blessing’ is very useful in that game, trading risk and warriors for additional magic.
What you get when Summoning Evil
Submitted by Herve on Sun, 14/10/2012 – 13:33.
In game terms, the better your success against the difficulty (rated at the Enemy’s best magical rating I’d say), the closer you get to your initial aim : summoning a specific enemy here and now. That’d be a complete success.
If it’s less than a complete success, one of the factors is affected by each level of success under “complete”.
The ennemy which comes is NOT the one you expected, or it’s much stronger, or more numerous (you get 200 tusk riders instead of the band of 20 rampaging through your tula, etc).
The ennemy doesn’t come NOW. It appears to plague you later, at some inopportune moment.
The ennemy doesn’t come HERE. Instead, it trashes the place where your loved ones are hiding, or the tula of your dear ally clan over the hills.
And of course, if things go really wrong, the ennemy doesn’t come : you are SENT to it. On its home turf. Now.
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran?
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Do Mostali Heroquest?
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Look of Glorantha
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs?
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Three Bean Circus
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal