Submitted by Heort on Mon, 05/08/2013 – 18:09
Reading the sneak-peek v8, Appendix B, “Characteristics of the Golden Age” :Monsters: None, for whatever is not benevolent is not yet discovered.(…)Sortum : This evil mountain is home of the Demon Kratapol.If there is no monster in Golden Age, what can be an “evil” place and a “demon” ?
Submitted by Martin Helsdon on Tue, 06/08/2013 – 05:23.
It depends upon the understanding of what an antigod is. According to the Kralori they are aligned against the Unchangeable Principles and in the Vithelan Pantheon their role is to oppose the gods. Whether these entities are evil is a matter of perspective, especially in the God Time before the entry of Chaos.For example, Wind Children are stated to worship Orlanth, but in Kralorela some who claim to be descendants of the Qa-Ying worship an antigod called Wangbiao or King Violent Wind. Is Orlanth an antigod? The Dara Happans would say so…
Submitted by David on Tue, 06/08/2013 – 05:02.
You are assuming that a demon is a monster, it doesn’t have to be.
The evil mountain with a demon can exist in the Golden Age as it’s not yet discovered. This means that there is loads of unseen stuff that’s out there, but as it’s not benevolent, it’s not discovered.
This is deliberately tricky language, all myths are true in this circumstance, even if they contradict.
Read the intro to that appendix again…
Submitted by Charles on Mon, 05/08/2013 – 20:03.
Then try to work out whether this is a place where the myths are true but ‘anachronistic’ or whether the God Learner drafters of this in-Glorantha document made a mistake.
When this piece went out for review by a team of ‘Terran’ God Learners, this was called out several times and the response was that ‘It is deliberate’.
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran? (2013)
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Look of Glorantha
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Pronunciation (2013)
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs?
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal