Submitted by cj.23 on Thu, 10/05/2012 – 20:23
This July sees the excellent Continuum convention at Leicester, UK http://www.continuum.uk.net/. I will be running a Gloranthan 3rd Age freeform set in Darjinn 1621 inspired by the lyrics written by Keith Nellist over the years on various lists, called The Pelorian Song Contest. It’s on the Friday night and I still need players, so if Eurovsion meets Glorantha amuses, do join up.I also hope to run a “Most Haunted” paranormal tv style tabletop Heroquest 2 session, but I will be very interested in playing other tabletop Gloranthan games. I know there will be a Gloranthan storytelling event on Friday, and hope there will be loads more Gloranthan goodness at the con. If anyone is running an event, be it tabletop, freeform or seminar based on Glorantha or Heroquest, please do share! cj x
Submitted by soltakss on Sun, 10/06/2012 – 15:38.
The programme doesn’t seem to be there any more. At least, that link doesn’t work and I couldn’t find it on the continuum website. I hope the Pelorian Song Contest goes ahead, even in the abridged form – it wouldn’t seem like continuum without playing in a Gloranthan freeform. It would be good to meet CJ as well. Normally, I like to play in a Gloranthan session as well, if there are any. I doubt if I will be running one as I can’t hink of anything to run. I might be running some games, but it depends if I have enough time to finish preparing them. Simon Phipp – Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.
Submitted by cj.23 on Sun, 10/06/2012 – 16:47.
My probably out of date understanding is there was a problem with malware on the server and the website was taken down, and replaced with the temporary one :(However some good news – Pelorian Song Contest is on about 15 sign ups, and will be going ahead, though I could do with some more players if anyone is interested!I apologise unreservedly for not having got back to people beyond my initial communication — I’m completing a major writing project, and have a lecture to deliver this week in the SitP part of the Science Festival here which I am furiously writing. Thinsg are in fact so hectic that I have currently cut myself down to roleplaying only three nights a week — yes it is that bad :(Anyway the Song Conest Freeform is going ahead, and I hope to finish the characters next week, and will be in touch 🙂 Do feel free to contact me directly by email on email@example.com, and I really look forward to meeting you all! cj x
D101 Games will be there…
Submitted by Newtus on Fri, 18/05/2012 – 09:04.
Plans are afoot to run both a set of Gloranthan games and some HeroQuest.The later have yet to be finalised, while the HQ games will be in support of Empires Rising ( http://d101games.co.uk/empires-rising ) which will be out by the con :)Details to follow…..Regards;O)Newt http://d101games.co.uk
I’ll be running some HQ
Submitted by Jeff on Fri, 11/05/2012 – 03:16.
I’ll be running some HQ Glorantha game at Continuum, although I doubt it will be posted on the board. And there will be at least one Glorantha seminar at Continuum.Editor-in-Chief, Moon Design Publications
I had a look at the events
Submitted by cj.23 on Fri, 11/05/2012 – 15:45.
I had a look at the events listing and found the last ever Griselda story will be told (8pm Friday) and a tabletop game set in Saug but no reference to the seminar yet. Hope you don’t mind me posting this here, as Moon Designs are a sponsor of the event seemed appropriate. I’m not actually connected with the con in any way, just attending! cj x
Submitted by Jeff on Mon, 14/05/2012 – 03:57.
On the Programme (which I just confirmed with the seminar organizer), I am giving the following presentations:
Coming Attractions from Moon Design
Ages of Glorantha
Maps of the Guide to Glorantha (with Colin Driver and Gill Pearce)
Editor-in-Chief, Moon Design Publications
Submitted by cj.23 on Mon, 14/05/2012 – 05:18.
The online programme is not available yet, but they need to update the website as the freeform bookings are open and http://www.continuum.uk.net/events/panels.php does not show any of these yet which means I could end up committed to a game and missing panels I want to watch (ie. all of them) 🙁 I’m really looking forward to all of these!I just heard from Chris and my freeform is likely to be moved to the Sunday morning slot to avoid a clash with the Griselda story it seems. He is contacting those signed up directly.cj x
Submitted by Jeff on Mon, 14/05/2012 – 05:23.
Actually the online programme is available.
Ages of Glorantha is 10am Saturday
Moon Design releases is 8 pm Saturday
Glorantha QA is 11 am Sunday
Maps is 12 am Sunday.Editor-in-Chief, Moon Design Publications
Submitted by cj.23 on Mon, 14/05/2012 – 05:31.
It is now, yes! http://www.continuum.uk.net/programme/programme.pdf I looked at 9.30am and it just had a title screen, but perhaps it was my browser not updating cache. Excellent. See you there! (And still worth updating “panels” link too, though that may have happened too by now.)Sorry to be a nuisance, just getting excited about this! The last time I was at Continuum was when MRQ 1st ed was released, and I picked up The Lives of Sedenya (Continuum Edition). I think that was quite a while ago now!
Looking forward to meeting many of you there.cj x
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship (2012)
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran? (2013)
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit (2013)
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- Mysticism (2013)
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs? (2013)
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar (2012)
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal
Page Last updated: 2023-01-09 15:07:05