Submitted by Iskallor on Thu, 08/11/2012 – 10:02
I posted elsewhere some questions about Ragnaglar and was informed that he was obliterated by Urox. It says slain in the Gloranthan wiki.In the same wiki it mentions that Humakt killed Orlanth.So how come Orlanth can be worshipped but Ragnaglar can’t?
Submitted by soltakss on Sat, 24/11/2012 – 14:36.
Also, Ragnaglar was crushed by and is trapped beneath an enormous piece of Truestone/Law. Maybe he is not dead, just trapped. Maybe those ogres tunneling beneath the Block might be able to reach their dead god and release him. Simon Phipp.
Submitted by David on Sat, 24/11/2012 – 15:31.
It’s the Devil, not Ragnaglar beneath the Block, from Sartar:Kingdom of Heroes:
“Ragnaglar, the evil Other brother, had conspired with two goddesses to produce Evil incarnate. The deities Mallia, Ragnaglar, and Thed joined and became the Unholy Trio. They made Wakboth, the chaos god, the worst thing that ever came into Glorantha.”
“Urox was foremost in combat. He taught Death’s virtues to his people when he slew vile Ragnaglar with his horns of iron.”
“It bounced once or twice across the earth as Urox directed it to crush the Devil, and pinned him
beneath immeasurable tons of solid Law. The Devil was ground asunder and buried for eternity beneath the huge block of adamant.”—–David Scott
Submitted by soltakss on Sat, 24/11/2012 – 17:14.
Whoops! Of course it is. My mistake. Simon Phipp.
Submitted by metcalph on Thu, 08/11/2012 – 14:21.
Orlanth’s death was passing into the land of the dead and he was revived by the Cosmic Compromise.
Ragnaglar remains dead because he wasn’t part of the Compromise but was in another chaotic hell at the time.
Submitted by Iskallor on Thu, 08/11/2012 – 15:57.
Can’t get fairer than that 🙂
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran? (2013)
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Look of Glorantha
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Pronunciation (2013)
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs?
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal