Submitted by Jim Groves on Sat, 08/12/2012 – 21:25
Hi there! A few caveats:1.) I’m not trying to pin anybody down to any specific dates or any specific anything. This is meant to be a fun questions, not a trap.2.) I am not asking when the Guide to Glorantha will ship, or when any other product may ship. Again, it’s a fun question and not a trap. Here we go: It seems like the Guide to Glorantha is going to have side-effect. Thanks to the strech goals that have been achieved by this enthusiastic and generous community, we stand to know more about Glorantha than we ever did before. Not only that, the information will be canonized and definitive. What an amazing side-effect! Has (or does) this mean anything for the long term of the product line? Beyond 2013? I just ask because now you have regions (like the West and Fronlea, and the Dragon Empires) that have been put down on in a common source. Has it occured to do sourcebooks and adventures in those areas? Don’t get me wrong, I still love classic Dragons Pass, and look forward to Mr. Cooper’s The Coming Storm, abd the Big Rubble (hell, I’d love to see a continuation of the campaign in Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes). And Tarsh / Lunar Empire books to add to them. It just seems like The Guide to Glorantha opens new doors because so much new information is being released. What an exciting time! I’d like to ask Moon Design Publications thoughts on the matter.
Submitted by Jim Groves on Mon, 10/12/2012 – 01:46.
I just started re-reading Sarter: Kingdom of Heroes with information gleaned from the Preview PDF of Guide to Glorantha. S:KoH is fine on its own, but it’s cool to be able to look up any topic that is light on details. I looked at the loose schedule of upcoming releases that Charles has posted a couple times. I am REALLY EXCITED to see Whitewall on the list! I had totally forgotten that the “sequel” to the Colmyr Campaign (as entitled in S:KoH) is called “Whitewall: the Last Rebel King”. I am hoping it is a sequel! It’s also cool to see the art preview with Kallyr and Hofstaring surrending to the Lunars and the Feathered Horse Queen. Because one day I’ll be able to show the PCs what Hofstaring looked like in life! (and Kallyr too of course)
Submitted by Bryan Chavez on Sun, 09/12/2012 – 17:06.
I recall reading that one of the reasons why Guide to Glorantha was a priority is that with it out, freelancers and other writers are given the firmest base possible to create supplements for every section of Glorantha. That combined with the runaway success of the kickstarter makes me expect that we’re definitely going to get some supplements and sourcebooks on a lot of the more ‘obscured’ areas of the world.Hint to Moon Design: I will sacrifice fifty cows worth of goods for a book (or two) on the Lunar Empire that has the depth of Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes and Sartar Companion. We are all us.
I imagine so
Submitted by BlindGuyNW on Sun, 09/12/2012 – 16:02.
I would think the success of the guide is certainly an indicator that there’s more interest in other places to be leveraged. I’d expect to see other settings come out soon enough, and possibly some changes in the later publishing schedule. But this is just my opinion as an interested newbie. 🙂
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship (2012)
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran? (2013)
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit (2013)
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- Mysticism (2013)
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs? (2013)
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar (2012)
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal
Page Last updated: 2020-03-22 13:29:57