Submitted by brianp on Tue, 06/08/2013 – 11:50
I’m prepping a game and was copying info from the Book of Drastic Resolutions, but couldn’t figure out a few things. I did a site search on moondesign and found the following links:
Both of these sources say that Zorak Zoran is called “Dark Eater” in Prax, but I’ve always thought of Dark Eater as an independent Darkness spirit rather than associating him with ZZ.Any comments?
Submitted by David on Wed, 07/08/2013 – 18:48.
This is a rough short form of Dark Eater, who is one of the spirits of the Shadow People spirit society of the Praxian tradition.
Dark Eater. In the Great Darkness, when the Dead Emperor invaded her home, Dark Eater and her kin poured out of the Underworld. They ate everything in their path and stole Eiritha’s daughters for their never ending supply of food. When Waha came he saw that Dark Eater and her kin could not stay, for they would continue to eat the people’s food and they would starve. He beat her back to Shadows Dance and rescued Eiritha’s daughters. Waha realized that Dark Eater had helpful powers for the peoples and extracted promises in return for food. This Darkness spirit provides charms that relate to fighting chaos, darkness, cold and the underworld. The taboo of these charms is that the charms must always be fed. A Shaman wishing to summon this great spirit directly must do so at Biggle Stone.
(subject to change).
Submitted by metcalph on Wed, 07/08/2013 – 07:19.
I think it’s inferred from the fact that Storm Bull is associated with Zorak Zoran in Cults of Prax. I don’t think the identity is a very good one and think the Dark Eater/Black Eater much stronger (NB I do not assert the Black Eater is the Dark Eater).
I quite agree with the Dark Eater being an independent Darkness spirit.
Submitted by brianp on Wed, 07/08/2013 – 09:01.
Thanks for the reply, metcalph. That’s the way I’ll be using him too, so hopefully it’s not too far from canon (though that’s never stopped me before!).
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship (2012)
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit (2013)
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- Mysticism (2013)
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Pronunciation (2013)
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs? (2013)
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal
Page Last updated: 2021-11-27 18:31:53