Submitted by WoeRie on Mon, 16/07/2012 – 13:07
I just read the anouncement for the Glorantha Classics that :”The Gloranthan Classics are compatible with RuneQuest 6rd edition”.Does that mean that the PDF’s are updated and revised to make them compatible with the totally different Cults/Rune Magic/Battle Magic/Skills of RQ6? Or is it simply an advertisement which says, that they are more compatible with RQ6 than with HQ ;)However, if they are revised to the new rules, then I would be VERY VERY interested in having an updated version as I bought them at RPGNow some time ago?
‹ Tell us more about the new SARTAR gorgeous cover !
Glorantha Classics ›
as re-issued in the years 1999 to 2005
Submitted by Charles on Tue, 17/07/2012 – 11:58.
Your existing copies should be good. But also consider the newer Glorantha publications, Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, Sartar Companion and Pavis: Gateway to Adventure.
The books are pure setting with no “stat blocks”. The reference to the HeroQuest rules is limited to “Easy”, “Medium”, “Hard”, “Very Hard” and “Nearly Impossible” as guidance to the difficulty of a contest.
Of course, this means that the RuneQuest GM/Narrator has some work to to to develop stats for contests.
I already own Pavis: Gateway
Submitted by WoeRie on Tue, 17/07/2012 – 16:19.
I already own Pavis: Gateway to Adventure. And I really LOVE it, though I already knew a lot of the texts from my old RQ3 books!As my players still investigate the Rubble, I doubt that I would require the Sartar books soon… but maybe after I finished reading the Pavis book.However, at the moment TIME is my biggest issue, so having 100% compatible campaigns and cult writeups would have been far better than rewriting everything. As I could think of modifying small encounters on the fly, but the changes for the cults and large groups of different enemies would be quite complicated.I would really love to have some PDFs, containing RQ6 stats for already existing HQ books.
what might happen
Submitted by Charles on Wed, 18/07/2012 – 19:01.
I recall that Loz suggested that he might1 create some conversion notes2 for the Moon Design HeroQuest books. While Moon Design and The Design Mechanism work very closely together, The Design Mechanism are the license holder for RuneQuest, so you are likely to get far better information by going to the source.
Moon Design’s game system is HeroQuest and writing HeroQuest settings/campaigns does allow a far higher prose content vs. game stat blocks ratio – which means far more Gloranthan Goodness!
1: note my lack of a definitive statement here – I am not really sure!
2: “notes” seems to imply that it will be guidelines rather than a comprehensive conversion
Yes, other people already
Submitted by WoeRie on Thu, 19/07/2012 – 00:32.
Yes, other people already asked Loz and he said something about “later” (and I read something like “not before 2014″…)So, I just tried it the other way, as it seems that Loz has no time to do it and it would be a win-win situation for both of you (or better all, including myself and others).
Submitted by Charles on Thu, 19/07/2012 – 02:52.
See the various blog entries on this site for the pipelines of people producing for Moon Design, which includes both Loz and Pete.
Who else? And if there is someone, what might be their incentive?
My opinion3 is that an interested GM could run one or more scenarios, write up some notes and then share with other GMs that could run further scenarios and/or polish up the notes. With appropriate attribution and ensuring that there is no leakage of copyright material4, either Moon Design or The Design Mechanism (or both) might be interested in publishing the notes.
And if there is no such interested GM to kick it off then it is unlikely to get done anytime soon. If you are thinking of doing this then please make sure that you contact both and get their permission before you put any effort into this.
3: I am not speaking on behalf of Moon Design here – I am only their volunteer webmaster!
4: i.e. the notes do not give enough away that a GM could consider not buying the original copyright material and just go ahead and use the notes to run scenarios.
Very good answer!
Submitted by WoeRie on Thu, 19/07/2012 – 15:27.
I’m working in a totally different business, so I have no clue about the dollars such a product (or set of products) could bring you, compared to the products on the queue of the current authors. I also have no clue how much it would increase your sellings for both RQ6 & Glorantha books, that’s something the people in charge have to decide. I can only tell you what I would be willing to buy ;)Maybe there are GMs outside, who could to do this as a volunteer or semi professional product, I really can’t do this as I:1) Have a full time job2) Have a restrictive contract that I’m not allowed to do other comercial work3) Have a family4) I’m no native english speaker
Yes, me too!
Submitted by Rungard on Wed, 18/07/2012 – 13:13.
I’d love that too! And not only NPC, but also the skill rolls needed at every point of the scenarios.
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship (2012)
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran? (2013)
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit (2013)
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- Mysticism (2013)
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs? (2013)
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar (2012)
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal
Page Last updated: 2019-10-05 16:34:37