Submitted by Heort on Sun, 30/12/2012 – 17:26
I’ve read various sources about the Blue Moon Plateau, including the draft of the Guide to Glorantha, and I have a question:Is the plateau itself a piece of the body of Lesilla/Sedenya after her crash on Mernita, or did she crash on a pre-existing plateau?First assumption is consistent with Dara Happa Stirs’ myth of Lesilla (p. 104) or the point of view of the Uz according to the Guide, but the other one could be consistent with an interpretation of Under the red moon (cult of Lesilla, “When the Great Flood destroyed all the bad people, Lesilla drew her land upward, higher than the rushing waters.”)
Thank you for answers.
Submitted by Heort on Mon, 31/12/2012 – 09:00.
Thank you for answers. 😉
Joerg says: It’s also tied to the Bat goddess (which may or may not be related to Artia), as are the two winged uz races of the Plateau (one 4-limbed, one 6-limbed)…. related to Artia? Not Annilla/Annilha?
Submitted by metcalph on Mon, 31/12/2012 – 03:20.
In the Flood Era, the Orlanthi know that Mernita was on an Island called Desvolos or Moon Island. Since Lukarius is a post-flood Emperor and the Moon crashed during his reign, the Moon crashed on an existing plateau. Orlanth trumps whatever Lunars or Uz say or think.
I’m dubious that Lesilla created the plateau in response to the Flood. The trick has already been used elsewhere (Teshnos and Mount Jernotius). I think it more likely that it has some Golden Age origin and that the Mernitans settled an existing plateau.
Yes to either?
Submitted by Joerg Baumgartner on Sun, 30/12/2012 – 20:09.
The city of Mernita definitely lies below the Plateau (as we discovered playing a convention game of Blue Moon trolls with Greg). What lies above that city is the body of the blue moon goddess. It’s also tied to the Bat goddess (which may or may not be related to Artia), as are the two winged uz races of the Plateau (one 4-limbed, one 6-limbed).
It is quite possible that the land was drawn upward prior to Lukarius’ shot – it is something Teelo Estara did again. I know that the uz dug frantically to recover artifacts of ancient Dara Happa to feed to their Great Mother, only to discover that these artifacts had some deep meaning to the Lunars (and not just the Dara Happans, but deep Lunar secrets). The ruins were deep down, but may have been driven there by the impact.
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations (2012)
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship (2012)
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran? (2013)
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners (2012)
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions (2012)
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage (2012)
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit (2013)
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting (2013)
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- Mysticism (2013)
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs? (2013)
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover (2012)
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire (2013)
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar (2012)
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- What is the Three Bean Circus?
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal
Page Last updated: 2019-12-16 12:11:53