Submitted by Terra Incognita on Tue, 06/11/2012 – 02:01
Charles: Yesterday I used the web version Sartar Clan Questionnaire with some of Japanese Glorantha fans, the function of import / export is great. Below is a slight confusion because some of us didn’t have a copy of book I found the phrase “Try to pick a tribe with territory like that you chose in Question 21. ” in the question 23 of Web questionnaire. But I found the same phrase in the printed version Sartar Kingdom of Heroes page 51, which questionnaire is older and short in number. After Question16, all questions in the web version slide in number. I think one of the two is right, another is wrong.
Submitted by Charles on Tue, 06/11/2012 – 02:35.
In the Sartar Clan Generator, question 23 suggests that you choose a tribe with (at least some) land like you chose in the answer to question 21b.
To do this, of course, you will need a map of Sartar with the various tribal lands marked. The questionnaire suggests page 222 of Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes. BTW, this map of Sartar shows physical terrain but does not show where the tribes are located – I am sure you can find alternatives.
The question numbers should align exactly between the book and the web versions. There are some additional options for answers and some slightly changed wording and calculations in the web version, all documented here. I will check your point about the shift from question 16 and, if necessary, will make the web version align correctly with the printed version.
Regarding the import / export: export works correctly. However, I recently found that import mostly works but does not update some parts of the questionnaire correctly. Please take care when using import.
Please let me know if this sufficiently answers your question?
Thank you for your answer
Submitted by Terra Incognita on Tue, 06/11/2012 – 04:32.
If I understand correctly what you wrote, and if your understanding is right (I think you are right) the web version is right and the printed (or at least, my pdf file) version in SkoH is wrong. Because in the printed version, question 21 is a question about New Enemies. (We chose Locaem and Hilly land, New enemy as Trolls probably from Troll Woods… We tried to make a friendly clan to Yelmalions.) Anyway, thank you for your kind answer.
Submitted by Terra Incognita on Tue, 06/11/2012 – 18:02.
Printed Version:22->21 Web Version:23->21b
numbering of questions
Submitted by Charles on Tue, 06/11/2012 – 23:31.
I found the discrepency. In Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, the question “The Era of Time” is not numbered. I numbered it as 16 in the web-version and shifted all subsequent questions accordingly.
I noted this change in “Changes from Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes”.
Submitted by hanataka on Wed, 07/11/2012 – 06:14.
Hi, Charles.You may have misunderstood the question. In the Web version: “Q.23. The New Tribes” refer “Q.21. The Third Age”.In the Book version: “Q.22. The New Tribes” refer “Q.21. New Enemies”.Which is true: “The Third Age” or “New Enemies” ?
There is a typo in the print
Submitted by Charles on Wed, 07/11/2012 – 06:35.
There is a typo in the print version, the web version is correct. The purpose of the reference is to ensure that, when choosing a tribe, the choice is geographically compatible with the kind of land that you chose in question 21b.
sort of lands
Submitted by hanataka on Wed, 07/11/2012 – 09:00.
Thank you for you answer.Then, it introduce another question. Which tribe is hill one and which tribe is plain?As far as I refer the map, almost all tribe has hills, plains and river.
Submitted by Charles on Wed, 07/11/2012 – 09:07.
You have to work that out to your own satisfaction.
Submitted by Terra Incognita on Wed, 07/11/2012 – 09:26.
Thank you for your concern. In my opinion, if the printed version is wrong and the web version is right, it is better to be listed in Sartar Errata rather than adding comments to right web version. Again, thank you for your patience to my attachment.
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations
- Adventures for Fonrit
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran?
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Do Mostali Heroquest?
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Look of Glorantha
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs?
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Three Bean Circus
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- Wyrms Footnotes 15
- Yelmalio vs Elmal