Submitted by RoM on Sat, 15/06/2013 – 05:24
I recently started a new series playing in Afadjann/Fonrit. So far I ran two adventures. One I created myself where the PCs were chased by the city guards and had to expose the evil schemes of a sorcerer, and the other one “Meeros falling” from the RQ6 GM pack.
Now that these plots are done I am looking for new inspiration. Anybody knows some cool adventures? They don’t have to be from Fonrit but should be at least easily convertible to Glorantha. It should an urban setting though. I know many dungeon crawls and wilderness plots, but for now I would like to keep the PCs in a metropolitan city.The PCs are household slaves in a (yet unnamed) Afadjanni city. They have regular jobs (majordomo, book-keeper, gardener, maid and houseboy) and all belong the same masarin.RoM
Couple additional thoughts
Submitted by Harald Smith on Sat, 15/06/2013 – 11:56.
For urban adventures you might also consider utilizing parts of the following:From Dara Happa Stirs — borrow the section on gaining the Veil of Victory from the Scarlet Concubine. The PC’s master has learned of this powerful veil and wishes to gain it. It is held by the Concubine of the Jann (or other). Getting into the Jann’s palace and into the harem is a task in itself. The Concubine is a demi-goddess or demon and the real ‘ruler’ of the Jann. From the old Call of Cthulhu campaign Masks of Nyarlathotep — either the Cairo or Shanghai chapters are classic, sinister urban settings.In the Cairo chapter, evil cultists (of the Brotherhood of the Black Pharoah — use a nice black noose symbol) are attempting to resurrect a long-dead Queen. They need three key treasures plus the summoning/resurrection spell. Perhaps one of the treasures belongs to the PC’s master?In the Shanghai chapter, evil cultists (of the Order of the Bloated Woman — not dissimilar from the Scarlet Concubine in horrific qualities) are preparing a great ritual on Grey Dragon Island. Could play this as a plot of the sinister Blues or the Vadeli. Items are being taken from the master’s warehouse dock–the trail leads to a secret island hideout.
Adventures in Fonrit
Submitted by Harald Smith on Sat, 15/06/2013 – 10:31.
There was a scenario called “The Big Hit” by Sandy Peterson in the old Heroes magazine (v1 #6) set in the Afadjann city of Karo. It’s an intrigue-based adventure with a sorceror hiring/using local gangs to assassinate a prince of the city.Some other ideas/thoughts:If your city location is along the sea, Kareeshtan raiders attack seeking slaves or specific goods owned by your PC’s master.A strange Spirit Pool opens up in the vicinity of or within the PC’s home. An incursion by a shaman? A plague of bad/evil spirits? Agents of another master who wants to take PC’s as his own slaves?An outbreak of dangerous elf plants within the city — strangle vines, poison thorns, acid saps, etc.Uncover a secret ritual by the Blues — part of the many steps needed to raise Artmal (aka the Boat Planet). They may be gathering wood to repair the hull, shells to scrape off evil barnacles, etc. and then ritually bringing the goods into the Godsworld on a heroquest (could pull in the PC’s as ‘enemies’ or the PC’s somehow aid them).”Exiles” (women) from Fanjosi the City of Men arrive in the city — they are building an army to overthrow Fanjosi and seek recruits.The Sudden Storm and the Crushing Wave come to the city (assuming it’s by the sea) or the Sudden Storm and the Heaving Earth (if inland). Great parts of the city are inundated or upended — relief efforts needed, magics revealed, etc. Hostile marine or earth spirits roam the ruins.A parade of dragonewts suddenly appears — no one has ever seen such before — and they proceed to make their way through the city to some objective (which includes the PC’s).An evil Night Bird takes roost upon the roof of the PC’s home. It is a magical creature of darkness bringing gloom and sadness to the area around.
- A journey to Spirit World (please my players keep out)
- A Song for the Horse Nation
- Adulthood Initiations
- Are All Orlanthi Initiated in a Cult
- Balazar HQ2 Keywords And Magic
- Blue Moon Plateau, Lesilla and Mernita
- Chaos Gods – forms of worship
- Competition: Tell me about your Humakti
- Contributions for Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 sought!
- Dark Eater = Zorak Zoran?
- Dealing with the Halfbird
- Death of Gods
- Discuss: Kickstart the Guide to Glorantha
- Do Mostali Heroquest?
- Dragon Pass Game Questions
- Evil in the Golden Age ?
- Glorantha Classics
- Glorantha for Beginners
- Gloranthan and Heroquest Events at Continuum 2012
- Gloranthan Miniatures
- Going to hell (not to be read by my Stonesnake players)
- GTA Material Website
- Guide to Glorantha System Bound?
- Has future product planning been influenced by The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts Glorantha Issue 5 Now Out
- Hearts in Glorantha interviews Jeff Richard about The Guide to Glorantha
- Hearts in Glorantha sources?
- Heracles by another name – what?
- Heroquesting Questions
- How to make a meeting with waertagi memorable ?
- Humakti: Geas Must Kill
- Is the dragon pass book still available ?
- Kerofinela: Gazeteer of Dragon Pass Map
- King of Dragon Pass vs Tabletop: How much applies?
- Living Without Maps
- Look of Glorantha
- Love the new pictures on top of webpage
- Lunar Tricksters?
- Magic for Slaves in Fonrit
- Malkioni Culture
- Malkioni Heroquesting
- Metaplot in Glorantha
- Monasticism in Glorantha
- Mongoose Aldryami book
- New Podcast
- New to Glorantha
- New to Glorantha Redux
- Orlanth Cult in Sartar
- Orlanthi Skin Colour
- Pavis Bibliocinematography
- Protecting Old Pavis
- Purifying Telmori – Take Two
- Questions from a Michigan noob
- Review of “Pavis – Gateway to Adventure”
- RPG.NET has a poll on Glorantha vs. Harn
- Rune Magic Overlapping with Feats
- Sartar Character Sheet Pdfs?
- Shargash Rune
- Spirit Magic vs. RQ Animism
- Strange Malkioni Women’s Hand Shapes
- Summons of Evil
- Tell Us More About the New Sartar Gorgeous Cover
- The Entekosiad: an introduction
- The Eye of the Halfbird and the Lead Grimoire
- The Look of Second Age Westerners
- The Moon And Chaos Runes
- The Pavis Cult & the Man Rune
- Three Bean Circus
- Thunder Rebels Religion
- Till Death Do Us Part Or Eternal Love?
- Tricksters as Characters
- Updated King of Sartar
- Vadeli Treasure And Its Consequences Players
- Which One is Right
- Yelmalio vs Elmal