A RuneQuest Campaign in seven scenarios
You Bet …
You bet a lot when you left home and went adventuring. You could hold your own with a sword, and you knew your way around some of the not-so-nice local hot-spots, but you weren’t prepared to be called ‘stranger’, and you’d never actually seen a troll.
You skirmished, and fought pitched battles. Your skills and confidence grew. Now the jobs for hired swords are few, and though you’re still hungry for glory and riches and honor, right now you’d settle for a meal ….
Fortunately, good men are needed to help civilize a new domain – that may mean steady meals and reliable friends for a hungry, lonely mercenary. Seven scenarios of varying complexity will test his skills and wits, and his abilities to fight, guard, investigate, and explore will be crucial to his success. If he survives, he’ll be well-seasoned, ready for anything in Glorantha.
This campaign scenario pack provides everything needed to referee a RuneQuest campaign along the River of Cradles, a fertile valley separating the devastation of Vulture’s Country and the wretched chaparral of Prax. The campaign is intended for intermediate-skilled characters. Background, history, and regional details are included: the employer, the different tribal peoples in the area, the creatures and monsters (ducks to dinosaurs, whirlvishes to wraiths), and area-specific magic items. The encounters book is sizable, including the deadly Eternal Battle, a time-warped hold-over from the Gods Wars.
Components – Referee’s Handbook, Encounter Book, seven individually-bound and linked scenarios (Scouting the Land, Outlaw Hunt, Muriah’s Revenge, Rescue of Jezra, 5-Eyes Temple, Condor Crags, On to Giantland!), a 17×22 campaign map, player hand-outs.
Mercenaries earn their pay in Prax!
- Referee’s Handbook
- Encounter Book
- Scenario 1: Scouting the Land
- Scenario 2: Outlaw Hunt
- Scenario 3: Jezra’s Rescue
- Scenario 4: Revenge of Muriah
- Scenario 5: Five Eyes Temple
- Scenario 6: Condor Crags
- Scenario 7: To Giantland!
- Borderlands Concept: Greg Stafford Project Coordinator: Steve Perrin
- Additional Material: John E. Boyle, Yurek Chodak, Tony Fiorito, Lisa Free, Mark Harmon, Reid Hoffman, Janet Kirby, Rudy Kraft, Charlie Krank, Steve Perrin, Sandy Petersen, Ken Rolston, Greg Stafford, Lynn Willis, Elizabeth Wolcott.
- Proofreading: Reid Hoffman & Harold Moe
- Illustrations: Lisa Free
- Prax Map: William Church Other Maps: Yurek Chodak.
- Proofreading by Sue O’Brien
- Graphic Design by Rick Meints
- Layout by James Sutton
- ISBN# 978-1-56882-516-8
|CHA4015-S||Borderlands||2018||2nd edition Classic Softcover.|
|CHA4015-PDF||Borderlands||2018||2nd edition Classic PDF.|
|CHA4015-S-POD||Borderlands||2018||2nd edition Classic Softcover, Print on Demand (POD).|
- CHA4001 RuneQuest (1978, 2016)
- CHA4002 Balastor’s Barracks (1978, 2016)
- CHA4003 Apple Lane (1978, 2016)
- CHA4004 Trolls and Trollkin (1978, 2016)
- CHA4005 Creatures of Chaos 1: Scorpion Men and Broos (1978, 2016)
- CHA4006 Militia & Mercenaries (1979, 2016)
- CHA4007 Snake Pipe Hollow (1979, 2016)
- CHA4008 Cults of Prax (1979, 2016)
- CHA4009 Foes (1980)
- CHA4010 Gateway Bestiary (1980, 2018)
- CHA4011 Plunder (1980, 2016)
- CHA4012 Rune Masters (1980, 2017)
- CHA4013 Griffin Mountain (1981, 2018)
- CHA4014 Cults of Terror (1981, 2016)
- CHA4016 Trollpak (1982, 2019)
- CHA4017 SoloQuest (1982, 2018)
- CHA4018 Questworld (1982)
- CHA4019 SoloQuest 2: Scorpion Hall (1982, 2018)
- CHA4020 SoloQuest 3: The Snow King’s Bride (1982, 2018)
- CHA4021 Pavis: Threshold to Danger (1983, 2019)
- CHA4022 Big Rubble (1983, 2019)
- CHA4023 RuneQuest Companion (1983, 2019)
- CHA4024 RuneQuest Old School Resource Pack (2016)
Page Last updated: 2022-09-20 15:41:55