The Red Goddess established, though her Travel and Journey experience, that She, as the goddess Orogeria, was the first planetary body to rise into the sky after the Kazkurtum.
Dayzataran priests and mystics disagreed vehemently when the Living Rufelza claimed this before the ancient Star Seers of Yuthuppa. They said that no deity was in the sky in the Star Time that they did not know about. No celestial entities except the 49 Reliable Deities were aloft then, and the neither the Red Goddess nor the Huntress were among them. They cited The Glorious ReAscent of Yelm as their source, which had just been revealed by the Emperor Yelmgatha. Its power had helped make him Emperor. This proved that it was, indeed, a source of Truth.
Rufelza had shown Yelmgatha where to get the book. She had no desire to dispute it, or refute the basis for her imperial friend’s authority and Justice. Rufelza drew upon the great knowledge of the Star Seers to remind them of Ulurda (number 49, whose name means “Moving Blue Goddess”), who was gone, and about whom Plentonius was silent.
They held a Truth Contest. Many things were determined thereby, starting with the Buserian fact that Ulurda was the wife or mate of Ulurdum (48), and that Ulurdum was also the Blue Fox. But the Blue Fox was gone now and there were also no more blue foxes in Glorantha. Therefore his mate, the Blue Vixen, must be the same.
Rufelza agreed, but said, “There is more.”
“Ulurdum was Blue Fox, but he was more,” and she proved that he was also the Blue Sakkar, and the Blue Cougar too.
The Buserians could not disprove this. It was true.
“And Ulurda was Blue Vixen for you, too,” she said, “But she was more.” And indeed She proved that Blue Vixen had also been Blue Mouse, which at that time lived in all the fields around the city [and thus proved that it was a living deity].
Then Rufelza proved that She had been Ulurda. She did this because she revealed a secret to them which She had given only to Buserian himself, and which had been handed from master to master of the cult. It could be known only by the highest initiates, and when she told them Her own words, they submitted to the truth.
Not everyone has accepted the Lunar revelation. In Arir and Darsen cultists are sometimes quite conservative. Many of those forest-dwelling folks have not even accepted that Orogeria is/was Ulurda, and consider it blasphemy that anyone considers the bloody red goddess in the sky to be related to their blessed huntress.
The urban Lunars like to differentiate their Orogeria from the “old Orogeria,” whom the call the Bumpkin Goddess. This is usually done by making her blue colored. This began by recognizing that she passed from Black to Blue Phases (just as Lesilla is/was the Descending Blue Goddess).
- Accessing Eternity
- Belintar’s Book: Aldrya’s Own Story (1998)
- Clarifying the Primal Worlds (2003)
- Embodied & Disembodied Spirits Q&A (2004)
- Greg Sez – Moon Names (2008)
- Greg Sez Guest: Does the Emperor party or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: Dragon Slayers and Dragons of Saird (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: EAST ISLES: United or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: The Mighty Janube (Nov 1998)
- Greg Sez Guests: Five Troll Questions (Sep 1999)
- Greg Sez: Barbarians – Heortlings, Vingkotlings, and Orlanthi (Jan 1998)
- Greg Sez: Between the Devil and the Dawn Age (Aug 1998)
- Greg Sez: Chaos Taints Q&A (2007)
- Greg Sez: Divinity and Gender (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ducks and Eggs (Dec 1997)
- Greg Sez: Ernaldan Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Esrolian Q&A (2001)
- Greg Sez: How Big Is My God? (Oct 1998)
- Greg Sez: How Does the Red Emperor Rule? (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez: How Many Humakti?
- Greg Sez: Humakt Illuminated? (Apr 1998)
- Greg Sez: Information about Elves (Jan 2000)
- Greg Sez: Malkioni Literacy (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Metals In Prax (Feb 1998)
- Greg Sez: Mistress Race Trolls
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Groups Q&A (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Rathori Creation Myth
- Greg Sez: Second Age Peloria and Carmania (2007)
- Greg Sez: Sheng Seleris in Hell (May 1998)
- Greg Sez: Tada’s High Tumulus (Feb 2000)
- Greg Sez: The Kingdom of War (Jul 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Mother of Monsters (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Nature of Harmony and Fertility (Jun 1999)
- Greg Sez: The Red Emperor (Sep 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Sky World (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Southpath Gods (Jul 1999)
- Greg Sez: What is it with the Underworld? (Apr 2007)
- Greg Sez: Who Are the Blue Peoples? (Mar 1998)
- Greg Sez: Who are the Dog Fathers? (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Who was Baroshi? (Jun 1998)
- Greg Sez: Why do the Giants use the River of Cradles (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Yelmalio (Mar 2000)
- Hero Wars: Beyond Humanity (2000)
- Hero Wars: Wyters Q&A (2002)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroes and Immortals Q&A (2005)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroquesting (2003)
- HeroQuest 1: Landscape Bands Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Types of Heroquests (2006)
- Library of Londarios: Ancestors of the Lenshi Kings (1998)
- Library of Londarios: Clarifying the Primal Worlds (Feb 2003)
- Library of Londarios: Danmalastan (1999)
- Library of Londarios: Deneskerva the Great Sister
- Library of Londarios: Postcards From Glorantha (Mar 2004)
- Library of Londarios: Stellar FAQ (Dec 1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Abiding Book (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Birth of Elmal (1993)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part One (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Three (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Two (1999)
- Library of Londarios: What the Mystic Taught Me (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Aedin’s Wall (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Chariots and Chariot Gods (2003)
- Myth of the Month: Clouds (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Enemy Gods of the Orlanthi
- Myth of the Month: History of the Race of Trolls (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Orlanth Met Ernalda (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How the Islands Came Apart (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Vith Pacified the Anti-Gods
- Myth of the Month: Malkioni Otherworld (2001)
- Myth of the Month: Morden Defends the Camp (1999)
- Myth of the Month: Orlanth makes a Ring (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shang-Hsa (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shargash the Destroyer (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Blue Dragon Sshorga (Dec 1999)
- Myth of the Month: The Vithelan Creation of the World (1998)
- Safelster in the First Age
- Sites at the Dawn (DRAFT)