Occasionally Greg had guests answer the Q&As in Greg Sez, this one had a twist!
Question from GREG STAFFORD. Answers by HARALD SMITH.
Q: “Who were the famous Sairdite kings of war who fought against the EWF?”
Henjark Dogsbreath [ca.921-925] who first rose against the dragons and slew the Heart of Gold.
Madasharesh Paraham Verenmars [960-991] the greatest of the kings. Verenmars rescued the Dog Father from the Lost Pack. He slew the ManDragon of the Riverjoin Palace [at the conjunction of the Oslir and the Aryela rivers] and bound it to the Net of Jajagappa. He gained the Divine Cup of Vingkot. He fashioned the Ring of Saird and woke BarDom at its heart. He gained the friendship of Holaya, the Red Woman, but married the Earth Queen. At last, he fought and slew the Shadow of the Golden Dragon.
Dumacaresh Heelbiter [991-1001] who entered the Dragon’s Bowels to unleash the Nightmare Run and the Darkwind Raid, bringing fears to the Above and Beyonds.
Hagikarvesh the Rabid [1001-1012] who slew the Little Wyrms and the Dragonclaw Spectres, but was cursed by the Magi.
Pilavaresh Bonecrusher [1012-1033] who broke the backs of both the Black Eel and the Red Wyrm and crushed the Brother Dragon.
Ashaloresh Marroweater [1033-1059] who slew the Soul-tongued Dragon.
Verrogors Blackdog [1059-1075] who seized the Dragonwall only to be betrayed by the Sylilans. When he returned he slew the Crimson Horned Dragon.
Suzaraug the Warhound [1075-1092] who slew the Dragon Ram and let loose the Dogs of War.
Wyrmskull [1092-1108] who captured the mind of the Seven-banded Wyrm and slew the Inhuman King twice.
Sharvenatars the Summoner [1108-1120] who summoned the True Golden Horde. He called forth the Dog Fathers and the Rising Stallions. He carried the Net of Jajagappa. He slew the Dragon Emperor and tore him apart in the Dragonkill. Because he was a descendant and true servant of Jajagappa that god came and cast his net into the maw of the dragon to preserve him from oblivion.
Dorshenab Lost Howl [1120-1124] who carried the Dog Standard from Dragon Pass and created the prophecies of Saird.
Question Three from DAVID DUNHAM. Answer copyright ©1998 by Issaries, Inc. This page may be freely linked to, and one copy may be printed for personal use, but any other reproduction by photographic, electronic, or other methods of retrieval, is prohibited.
Q: Which were the dragons that the Saird Kings conquered?
Answer by HARALD SMITH.
A: The dragons were these:
The Heart of Gold which lurked in a golden tower in Mirin’s Cross.
The ManDragon, the unholy one, who lurked within the Palace of Two Calming Waters at the Riverjoin.
The Shadow of the Golden Dragon which dwelt in Dara Happa.
The Dragon’s Bowels which opened into Hell.
The Little Wyrms and the Dragonclaw Spectres, monstrous creations of the EWF which swarmed across the land.
The Onyx Eel and the Ruby Wyrm, foul corruptions of the once mighty rivers the Black Eel and the Red Wyrm.
The Brother Dragon which ever followed its masters like a dog.
The Soul-tongued Dragon which was never seen itself, but ever accompanied by its dream-spawn.
The Crimson Horned Dragon which rose up from the Aggar highlands.
The Dragon Ram, brought north by its servants to attack the great cities.
The Seven-banded Wyrm aided by the warriors of the seven parts.
The Dragon Emperor, the ultimate and foulest creation of the EWF which sought to rule all the world.
- Accessing Eternity (2006)
- Belintar’s Book: The Blue Dragon Sshorga (1999)
- Belintar’s Book: Aldrya’s Own Story (1998)
- Belintar’s Book: Mountain Stories
- Clarifying the Primal Worlds (2003)
- Dragons Past #1 – Gloranthan Military Experience (1983)
- Greg Sez Guest: Does the Emperor party or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: EAST ISLES: United or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: The Mighty Janube (Nov 1998)
- Greg Sez Guests: Five Troll Questions (Sep 1999)
- Greg Sez: Barbarians – Heortlings, Vingkotlings, and Orlanthi (Jan 1998)
- Greg Sez: Between the Devil and the Dawn Age (Aug 1998)
- Greg Sez: Chaos Taints Q&A (2007)
- Greg Sez: Divinity and Gender (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ducks and Eggs (Dec 1997)
- Greg Sez: Enemy Gods (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ernaldan Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Esrolian Q&A (2001)
- Greg Sez: Heroes & Immortals (2005)
- Greg Sez: How Big Is My God? (Oct 1998)
- Greg Sez: How Does the Red Emperor Rule? (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez: How Many Humakti?
- Greg Sez: Humakt Illuminated? (Apr 1998)
- Greg Sez: Illusion (2002)
- Greg Sez: Information about Elves (Jan 2000)
- Greg Sez: Malkioni Literacy (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Metals In Prax (Feb 1998)
- Greg Sez: Mistress Race Trolls
- Greg Sez: Moon Names (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Groups Q&A (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Rathori Creation Myth
- Greg Sez: Second Age Peloria and Carmania (2007)
- Greg Sez: Sheng Seleris in Hell (May 1998)
- Greg Sez: Tada’s High Tumulus (Feb 2000)
- Greg Sez: The Kingdom of War (Jul 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Mother of Monsters (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Nature of Harmony and Fertility (Jun 1999)
- Greg Sez: The Red Emperor (Sep 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Sky World (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Southpath Gods (Jul 1999)
- Greg Sez: Troll Ancestors and Rebirth (2011)
- Greg Sez: Understanding Windstop and Esrolia (2005)
- Greg Sez: What is it with the Underworld? (Apr 2007)
- Greg Sez: Who Are the Blue Peoples? (Mar 1998)
- Greg Sez: Who are the Dog Fathers? (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Who was Baroshi? (Jun 1998)
- Greg Sez: Why do the Giants use the River of Cradles (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Yelmalio (Mar 2000)
- Hero Wars: Beyond Humanity (2000)
- Hero Wars: Wyters Q&A (2002)
- HeroQuest 1: Embodied & Disembodied Spirits Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroquesting (2003)
- HeroQuest 1: Landscape Bands Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Types of Heroquests (2006)
- Javern Spithorn and the Sunset Leap (2001)
- Library of Londarios: Ancestors of the Lenshi Kings (1998)
- Library of Londarios: Clarifying the Primal Worlds (Feb 2003)
- Library of Londarios: Danmalastan (1999)
- Library of Londarios: Deneskerva the Great Sister
- Library of Londarios: Postcards From Glorantha (Mar 2004)
- Library of Londarios: Stellar FAQ (Dec 1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Abiding Book (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Birth of Elmal (1993)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part One (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Three (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Two (1999)
- Library of Londarios: What the Mystic Taught Me (1998)
- Lives of Sedenya (2006)
- Myth of the Month: Aedin’s Wall (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Chariots and Chariot Gods (2003)
- Myth of the Month: Clouds (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Enemy Gods of the Orlanthi
- Myth of the Month: History of the Race of Trolls (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Orlanth Met Ernalda (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How the Islands Came Apart (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Vith Pacified the Anti-Gods
- Myth of the Month: Hrelar Amali (2011)
- Myth of the Month: Malkioni Otherworld (2001)
- Myth of the Month: Morden Defends the Camp (1999)
- Myth of the Month: Orlanth makes a Ring (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shang-Hsa (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shargash the Destroyer (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Birth of the Minotaur (1981)
- Myth of the Month: The Orogeria Moon (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Vithelan Creation of the World (1998)
- Pelandan Cosmology
- Safelster in the First Age
- Sites at the Dawn (2006)