Occasionally Greg had guests answer the Q&As in Greg Sez. Answered by James Frusetta, with assistance from Stephen Martin, Jörg Baumgartner, Peter Metcalfe, Dan McCluskey, and Lorne Booker.
Q: How much does a troll eat in a day?
A: As much as she can! Trolls are constantly hungry, and even with several big means a day they’ll nibble as they can.
But in terms of need, a dark troll will eat about two, even three times what a human will eat. This is if the troll is eating rich, filling food like meats and food plants. If the troll is eating “less nutritious” foods (minerals, wood, bone, chitin, weeds, etc.), it may eat more than this. A troll eating dirt, ice or stone might have to eat throughout the day, and not have time to do anything else.
Q. Where is Kajakab Hendsson now (in 1621?)
A: In the south of the Glacier, preparing for the annual onslaught of the Icebreaker. As have heroes of the glacier in the past, Kajakab hopes to disrupt the Lunar heroquest and push the barriers of ice farther south. In particular, Kajakab is strengthening the local glacier-spirits
Q. What happened to the Giant Uz?
A: Few Giant Trolls survived the exodus from Wonderhome, and those that did died out one-by-one, beset by the enemies of the trolls. In the strongholds of the trolls in Dakori Inkarth, Halikiv, etc., a handful survived into Time and none past the First Age.
In the far north, however, the situation was different. Safe in the cold, dark north, the giant uz survived. With no significant enemies and well able to tolerate the climate, the giant uz have survived to the outbreak of the Hero Wars.
Q. What happens when a troll stops worshipping Kyger Litor?
A: Uz are shaped by their relationship with Kyger Litor, and when this relationship changes, so do the uz (e.g., the Surface Sadness and the Curse of Kin). Similarly, trolls can alter the relationship through rituals and magics (Induce Uzdo).
If a group of trolls forsakes Kyger Litor worship (and its attendant fertility rituals) and survives, over time their children will lose their darkness link and will devolve — losing the darkness rune, and becoming men.
Q. Does each Uz land have a Castle of Lead?
A: Any civilized troll land that can afford the effort and cost of erecting a Castle will do so, although the structures differ in region to region. A Castle of Lead invokes Kyger Litor — it is essentially a huge kygerlith that oversees a troll land and that forms an almost unassailable fortress.
Halikiv and Dagori Inkarth both have Castles of Lead. Halikiv and Dakori Inkarth both have Castles of Lead. Yolp’s Tower of Bones and the Mountain of Flesh on Valind’s Glacier serve the same purpose. The Shadow Plateau does not possess a structure that incarnates Kyger Litor, but the Obsidian Palace served the same purpose for Agan Argar.
Dozaki’s Newhome had a castle, but it fell into ruins when the Kralorelans invaded, and they invaders were careful to enclose the site. A vast ruin in what was once Borklak, overrun with aldryami vines and creepers, may have been a castle.
Lack of such structures partially explains the primitiveness of the uz in the Elder Wilds and Koromandol.
- Accessing Eternity
- Belintar’s Book: Aldrya’s Own Story (1998)
- Clarifying the Primal Worlds (2003)
- Embodied & Disembodied Spirits Q&A (2004)
- Greg Sez – Moon Names (2008)
- Greg Sez Guest: Does the Emperor party or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: Dragon Slayers and Dragons of Saird (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: EAST ISLES: United or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: The Mighty Janube (Nov 1998)
- Greg Sez: Barbarians – Heortlings, Vingkotlings, and Orlanthi (Jan 1998)
- Greg Sez: Between the Devil and the Dawn Age (Aug 1998)
- Greg Sez: Chaos Taints Q&A (2007)
- Greg Sez: Divinity and Gender (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ducks and Eggs (Dec 1997)
- Greg Sez: Ernaldan Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Esrolian Q&A (2001)
- Greg Sez: How Big Is My God? (Oct 1998)
- Greg Sez: How Does the Red Emperor Rule? (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez: How Many Humakti?
- Greg Sez: Humakt Illuminated? (Apr 1998)
- Greg Sez: Information about Elves (Jan 2000)
- Greg Sez: Malkioni Literacy (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Metals In Prax (Feb 1998)
- Greg Sez: Mistress Race Trolls
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Groups Q&A (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Rathori Creation Myth
- Greg Sez: Second Age Peloria and Carmania (2007)
- Greg Sez: Sheng Seleris in Hell (May 1998)
- Greg Sez: Tada’s High Tumulus (Feb 2000)
- Greg Sez: The Kingdom of War (Jul 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Mother of Monsters (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Nature of Harmony and Fertility (Jun 1999)
- Greg Sez: The Red Emperor (Sep 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Sky World (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Southpath Gods (Jul 1999)
- Greg Sez: What is it with the Underworld? (Apr 2007)
- Greg Sez: Who Are the Blue Peoples? (Mar 1998)
- Greg Sez: Who are the Dog Fathers? (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Who was Baroshi? (Jun 1998)
- Greg Sez: Why do the Giants use the River of Cradles (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Yelmalio (Mar 2000)
- Hero Wars: Beyond Humanity (2000)
- Hero Wars: Wyters Q&A (2002)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroes and Immortals Q&A (2005)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroquesting (2003)
- HeroQuest 1: Landscape Bands Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Types of Heroquests (2006)
- Library of Londarios: Ancestors of the Lenshi Kings (1998)
- Library of Londarios: Clarifying the Primal Worlds (Feb 2003)
- Library of Londarios: Danmalastan (1999)
- Library of Londarios: Deneskerva the Great Sister
- Library of Londarios: Postcards From Glorantha (Mar 2004)
- Library of Londarios: Stellar FAQ (Dec 1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Abiding Book (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Birth of Elmal (1993)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part One (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Three (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Two (1999)
- Library of Londarios: What the Mystic Taught Me (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Aedin’s Wall (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Chariots and Chariot Gods (2003)
- Myth of the Month: Clouds (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Enemy Gods of the Orlanthi
- Myth of the Month: History of the Race of Trolls (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Orlanth Met Ernalda (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How the Islands Came Apart (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Vith Pacified the Anti-Gods
- Myth of the Month: Malkioni Otherworld (2001)
- Myth of the Month: Morden Defends the Camp (1999)
- Myth of the Month: Orlanth makes a Ring (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shang-Hsa (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shargash the Destroyer (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Blue Dragon Sshorga (Dec 1999)
- Myth of the Month: The Orogeria Moon (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Vithelan Creation of the World (1998)
- Safelster in the First Age
- Sites at the Dawn (DRAFT)