Here is what the shaman tells you to get ready for the journey.
How Our World Was Made
The Golden Embryo was first. I could show you the egg that both Samburan and Nature came out of if you wish. No spirits or powers can be gotten there and if you have not prepared yourself fully, you will have your mind burned and your toes and fingers and nose fall off. In the Golden Embryo the world incubated until it was ready.
The egg shell cracked around its center and split open. It hatched. I could show you that hatching. No spirit or powers can be gotten there and if you have not prepared yourself fully then your eyes will break, your thighs shatter and your liver exit through your anus.
Inside of the two parts of the shell was first Nature, simple and complete. Then came movement of a spot to another spot, the spot was the snake’s head and the movement was its body, and it continued to move. The serpent moved first inside the shell, around the upward curve to the peak, where the sun stands at noon, and then the lower. He kept going to the lowest point, then returned to his starting place. This movement separated the Skyworld and the Underworld, with the natural world between. Then the serpent went outside the shell, and again went over it and under it. Finally it horizontally took its tail in its teeth, itself feeding upon itself, and encircled the crack in the shell where it still lives.
In the center of those lies Nature, the natural world with its powers and divisions. This was the First World, and within it were the First Beings.
Samburan is in the center. Samburan is that part of Nature which wishes to be united with its other parts. Samburan was born with a great desire and it departed from the center and began its movements through the rest of the world. Samburan went upon the Great Journey. Wherever Samburan expressed his desire then there arose out of that area a spirit. He visited the Six Inner Worlds wherein he met the First Beings.
Vethen the Infant was the first, who was the Starting Place. Then Yom Sunspot was the second, who was the moving power and the sun, and Tara the Noon World was third, the Overhead Keeper of the Sky Spirits. Inidros was the Den of Dens and the next First Being, where our ancestors were later born, and then Inikos, the Pit of Pits, was the First Being of the Underworld. Somabaton was the First Being who kept sounds, including all music and singing, and taught how to fast. Dreselos was the First Being of dancing, both in a circle and in lines.
After Samburan had completed his journey he knew everything, and in that way he was able to learn even more and to see, then visit the Spirit Plane. It was a beautiful and empty place. After this, he was no longer Samburan, but was Bukaran.
Bukaran naturally told of this place to the other Beings. At first everyone was happy and excited, but then the First Beings learned that they could never see this most miraculous place, because they could not move about like Samburan had. This made them unhappy. Bat and Sakkar spread dissent among the First Beings, and the waters were sad and the rocks lamented their loss.
Bukaran wished to give them their wish, and so he went upon the Great Mountain to sit and speak to the other spirits until he had an answer. After the Great Period, he knew the answer.
Bukaran went once again upon the Great Journey. At each place that he stopped he taught the being there a part of the Cross Dance. Then Bukaran cut off a piece of himself and left it there. Sometimes he burned it, sometimes he buried it, sometimes he left it out to become desiccated or rotten, sometimes it was devoured in holy communion. After a while Bukaran had cut himself entirely to pieces and nothing was left. He was absent from the world.
The First Folk were thus made, each in their own region. The Folk were parts of the First Beings who could find the Spirit World. The First Folk and the first Beings regularly danced and played together. This allowed the First Beings to learn of the Spirit World too, so they were happy.
The First Folk
First among the First Folk was Inisunings, Rathor, born in the west. His father was Rathor’s Liver [intelligence], his uncle was Inidros, and his mother was Frona, covered with mixed forests and hills.
Here are the First Folk:
Rathor, uncle is Inidros, mother is Frona, mixed forest and hills.
Pralor, uncle is Dreselos the Dancer; mother is Ralia, scattered woods.
Tawar, uncle is Vethan the Infant, mother is Pelanda, open plains.
*, uncle is Inikos of Below, mother is *.
Uncolings, uncle is Somabaton the Musician, mother is Jalaria, taiga.
Sungchi, uncle is Tana the Overhead Keeper, mother is *.
Here are the second folk:
In the west: Coyote [cleverness, vs wisdom of bear]In the south: Puma [the hunter, vs deer]In the east: Sakkar [speed, vs stability]In the north: Wolverine [ornery, vs caribou patience]Above: Telmor [wolf becomes Death]Below: [becomes ]
Here are the Third Folk:
Hares; Squirrels; Gophers; Mice; Rats; Moles; Beaver
- Accessing Eternity (2006)
- Belintar’s Book: Aldrya’s Own Story (1998)
- Clarifying the Primal Worlds (2003)
- Embodied & Disembodied Spirits Q&A (2004)
- Greg Sez – Moon Names (2008)
- Greg Sez Guest: Does the Emperor party or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: Dragon Slayers and Dragons of Saird (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: EAST ISLES: United or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: The Mighty Janube (Nov 1998)
- Greg Sez Guests: Five Troll Questions (Sep 1999)
- Greg Sez: Barbarians – Heortlings, Vingkotlings, and Orlanthi (Jan 1998)
- Greg Sez: Between the Devil and the Dawn Age (Aug 1998)
- Greg Sez: Chaos Taints Q&A (2007)
- Greg Sez: Divinity and Gender (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ducks and Eggs (Dec 1997)
- Greg Sez: Ernaldan Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Esrolian Q&A (2001)
- Greg Sez: How Big Is My God? (Oct 1998)
- Greg Sez: How Does the Red Emperor Rule? (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez: How Many Humakti?
- Greg Sez: Humakt Illuminated? (Apr 1998)
- Greg Sez: Information about Elves (Jan 2000)
- Greg Sez: Malkioni Literacy (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Metals In Prax (Feb 1998)
- Greg Sez: Mistress Race Trolls
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Groups Q&A (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Second Age Peloria and Carmania (2007)
- Greg Sez: Sheng Seleris in Hell (May 1998)
- Greg Sez: Tada’s High Tumulus (Feb 2000)
- Greg Sez: The Kingdom of War (Jul 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Mother of Monsters (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Nature of Harmony and Fertility (Jun 1999)
- Greg Sez: The Red Emperor (Sep 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Sky World (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Southpath Gods (Jul 1999)
- Greg Sez: What is it with the Underworld? (Apr 2007)
- Greg Sez: Who Are the Blue Peoples? (Mar 1998)
- Greg Sez: Who are the Dog Fathers? (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Who was Baroshi? (Jun 1998)
- Greg Sez: Why do the Giants use the River of Cradles (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Yelmalio (Mar 2000)
- Hero Wars: Beyond Humanity (2000)
- Hero Wars: Wyters Q&A (2002)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroes and Immortals Q&A (2005)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroquesting (2003)
- HeroQuest 1: Landscape Bands Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Types of Heroquests (2006)
- Library of Londarios: Ancestors of the Lenshi Kings (1998)
- Library of Londarios: Clarifying the Primal Worlds (Feb 2003)
- Library of Londarios: Danmalastan (1999)
- Library of Londarios: Deneskerva the Great Sister
- Library of Londarios: Postcards From Glorantha (Mar 2004)
- Library of Londarios: Stellar FAQ (Dec 1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Abiding Book (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Birth of Elmal (1993)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part One (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Three (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Two (1999)
- Library of Londarios: What the Mystic Taught Me (1998)
- Lives of Sedenya (2006)
- Myth of the Month: Aedin’s Wall (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Chariots and Chariot Gods (2003)
- Myth of the Month: Clouds (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Enemy Gods of the Orlanthi
- Myth of the Month: History of the Race of Trolls (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Orlanth Met Ernalda (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How the Islands Came Apart (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Vith Pacified the Anti-Gods
- Myth of the Month: Malkioni Otherworld (2001)
- Myth of the Month: Morden Defends the Camp (1999)
- Myth of the Month: Orlanth makes a Ring (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shang-Hsa (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shargash the Destroyer (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Blue Dragon Sshorga (Dec 1999)
- Myth of the Month: The Orogeria Moon (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Vithelan Creation of the World (1998)
- Safelster in the First Age
- Sites at the Dawn (2006)