Before the High Gods
Durapdur is All. All begins with Durapdur. Durapdur began when he perceived the Three Measures of space, duration, and consciousness.
Durapdur then perceived a smaller version of himself within those measures. The smaller self was called Atrilith who was the First Being.
Atrilith then applied his Being to the Measures, and in that way made the first of the other beings. They were the High Gods.
The High Gods
Atrilith was the first movement. He is Creator. He was the First Being.
Atrilith made the Three Sounds, which were the Beings of the Measures. They were the Being of Consciousness, the Being of Space, and the Being of Duration.
The first sounds then harmonized with each other. The Beings, innocent and unknowning, played like children. From their frolic came three new beings who were named the Cosmic Musicians.
The Cosmic Musicians were made of Music, and at first they were simply the First Sounds in movement. Then among them came Atrilith, who made them into Beings so that they too played, and so the music became the Musicians. As had happeneed before, when these three played then out from their happiness came more beings. Out of the cosmic music came the Cosmic Dancers.
The Cosmic Dancers were Oorduren, Majadan, and Erdires. As they moved they made the world of the livng which was above, the world of the dead which was below, and the world of life and death in the center. Oorduren danced in the center of the world and was the first Master Sage. Majadan and Erdires worked together, each touching the other so that they experienced desire, pleasure, and fulfilment. Majadan and Erdires every movement made the hills and rivers and stars and shadows, and everything that can be sensed and known.
Majadan and Erdires were the first beings to experience sexual desire, and in their long relationship they expressed this in many ways. They are the First Parents of all the mortal races of the world.
They are also called the God and Goddess of Love, (Iste and Yothenara) who were created from the experience. Thus Iste is the Desire, Yothenara the Desired.
Iste and Yothenara once went and danced for the Cosmic Musicians, who until then had only played music. The Musicians were so moved by their performance that they became the Second Dancers. In this they discovered that that they had names and were different from each other. They found that Vith was a god, and Laraloori and Gebkeran, were goddesses. When the Second Dancers danced they too had sex, and many children. Vith was father of them all. The children of Vith and Laraloori are the gods and the children of Vith and Gebkeran were the antigods. The Parloth and Adpara (gods and antigods) each moved into their natural spheres and inhabited the world their parents had made.
One day the Cosmic Musicians went to their teachers, and they played their instruments for them. The Sounds were so pleased by the beautiful sounds that they turned and looked into the world, and thereby became Beings of the world. Korudel is now The Wise God, while Chaquandarath is the priest of the High Gods and Genderatha is the priestess.
Then Atrilith was done with his work, and he returned himself to Durandar, which was far beyond the reach of all beings except for the High Gods.
The High Gods are the great principles upon which the universe was created. They are great Beings and were at first so lofty that normal human sacrifices could not reach them. Thus only the gods normally sacrificed to them. People mostly worshipped the children of Vith called the Parloth (Gods).
The first of the Parloth were Karkal, the Lord of Burning; Veldru, the storm god; Yothbedta, the Gardner; Horandaru, the Craftsman; and Prosandara, the Mother of Animals [of land and of air].
- Accessing Eternity (2006)
- Belintar’s Book: The Blue Dragon Sshorga (1999)
- Belintar’s Book: Aldrya’s Own Story (1998)
- Belintar’s Book: Mountain Stories (1999)
- Clarifying the Primal Worlds (2003)
- Dragons Past #1 – Gloranthan Military Experience (1983)
- Greg Sez Guest: Does the Emperor party or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: Dragon Slayers and Dragons of Saird (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: EAST ISLES: United or not? (Jan 1999)
- Greg Sez Guest: The Mighty Janube (Nov 1998)
- Greg Sez Guests: Five Troll Questions (Sep 1999)
- Greg Sez: Barbarians – Heortlings, Vingkotlings, and Orlanthi (Jan 1998)
- Greg Sez: Between the Devil and the Dawn Age (Aug 1998)
- Greg Sez: Chaos Taints Q&A (2007)
- Greg Sez: Divinity and Gender (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ducks and Eggs (Dec 1997)
- Greg Sez: Enemy Gods (2009)
- Greg Sez: Ernaldan Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Esrolian Q&A (2001)
- Greg Sez: Heroes & Immortals (2005)
- Greg Sez: How Big Is My God? (Oct 1998)
- Greg Sez: How Does the Red Emperor Rule? (Feb 1999)
- Greg Sez: How Many Humakti?
- Greg Sez: Humakt Illuminated? (Apr 1998)
- Greg Sez: Illusion (2002)
- Greg Sez: Information about Elves (Jan 2000)
- Greg Sez: Malkioni Literacy (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Metals In Prax (Feb 1998)
- Greg Sez: Mistress Race Trolls
- Greg Sez: Moon Names (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Groups Q&A (2008)
- Greg Sez: Orlanthi Initiation Rites
- Greg Sez: Rathori Creation Myth
- Greg Sez: Second Age Peloria and Carmania (2007)
- Greg Sez: Sheng Seleris in Hell (May 1998)
- Greg Sez: Tada’s High Tumulus (Feb 2000)
- Greg Sez: The Kingdom of War (Jul 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Mother of Monsters (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Nature of Harmony and Fertility (Jun 1999)
- Greg Sez: The Red Emperor (Sep 1998)
- Greg Sez: The Sky World (Aug 2009)
- Greg Sez: The Southpath Gods (Jul 1999)
- Greg Sez: Troll Ancestors and Rebirth (2011)
- Greg Sez: Understanding Windstop and Esrolia (2005)
- Greg Sez: What is it with the Underworld? (Apr 2007)
- Greg Sez: Who Are the Blue Peoples? (Mar 1998)
- Greg Sez: Who are the Dog Fathers? (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Who was Baroshi? (Jun 1998)
- Greg Sez: Why do the Giants use the River of Cradles (May 1999)
- Greg Sez: Yelmalio (Mar 2000)
- Hero Wars: Beyond Humanity (2000)
- Hero Wars: Wyters Q&A (2002)
- HeroQuest 1: Embodied & Disembodied Spirits Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Heroquesting (2003)
- HeroQuest 1: Landscape Bands Q&A (2004)
- HeroQuest 1: Types of Heroquests (2006)
- Hsunchen Peoples of Genertela (2003)
- Introduction to Umathela (1997)
- Javern Spithorn and the Sunset Leap (2001)
- Library of Londarios: Ancestors of the Lenshi Kings (1998)
- Library of Londarios: Clarifying the Primal Worlds (Feb 2003)
- Library of Londarios: Danmalastan (1999)
- Library of Londarios: Deneskerva the Great Sister
- Library of Londarios: Postcards From Glorantha (Mar 2004)
- Library of Londarios: Stellar FAQ (Dec 1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Abiding Book (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Birth of Elmal (1993)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part One (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Three (1999)
- Library of Londarios: The Kings of Seshnela, Part Two (1999)
- Library of Londarios: What the Mystic Taught Me (1998)
- Lives of Sedenya (2006)
- Myth of the Month: Aedin’s Wall (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Chariots and Chariot Gods (2003)
- Myth of the Month: Clouds (2000)
- Myth of the Month: Enemy Gods of the Orlanthi (2001)
- Myth of the Month: History of the Race of Trolls (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Argan Argar Courted Esrola (2002)
- Myth of the Month: How Orlanth Met Ernalda (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How the Islands Came Apart (1998)
- Myth of the Month: How Vith Pacified the Anti-Gods
- Myth of the Month: Hrelar Amali (2011)
- Myth of the Month: Lightnight (2010)
- Myth of the Month: Malkioni Otherworld (2001)
- Myth of the Month: Morden Defends the Camp (1999)
- Myth of the Month: Orlanth makes a Ring (1998)
- Myth of the Month: ShangHsa (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Shargash the Destroyer (1998)
- Myth of the Month: The Birth of the Minotaur (1981)
- Myth of the Month: The Drinking Giant’s Cauldron
- Myth of the Month: The Missionaries
- Myth of the Month: The Orogeria Moon (1998)
- Myth of the Month: Three Documents, One Event (2005)
- Pelandan Cosmology
- Praxian Spirit Tradition (2000)
- Safelster in the First Age (2013)
- Sites at the Dawn (2006)
- Summoning Korgatsu (2001)
- The Enerali circa 130 ST
- The Gloranthan Cosmos (2008)
- The Origins of Writing
- The Perfect Sky, revised (1999)
- Types of Heroquests (2008)
- What is the Third Age History of the Sun Dome Temple in Sartar (2008)
Page Last updated: 2022-09-16 13:19:28