Submitted by mefet on Sun, 26/08/2012 – 14:41
There is something I don’t understand about the consequences of victory in the naming contest in page 333. The names that the heroes add to the masks are added to the lunar names or the orlanthi names of each mask?
Submitted by Charles on Mon, 27/08/2012 – 06:22.
The naming is the in Glorantha public symbol of the outcome of the contest.
If the hero gets a victory, they get to add a number of names to the mask according to their level of victory. Depending on how closely they identify with the god of the mask, they are likely to add one of the traditional Orlanthi names, as shown on the colored plates on pages 323 to 327. Another possibility is that if, for example, a worshipper of Heler takes up the mask of Zola Fel, they might add one or more of the traditional names of Heler instead of the names of Zola Fel. A powerful hero, on the way to becoming a Hero with a capital “H”, might want to add a name appropriate to herself.
Submitted by mefet on Mon, 27/08/2012 – 07:11.
Ahhh, Then I understand what my mistake was, I thought that the Orlanthi names in the colored plates were to be given to the players at the beginning of the Heroquest.
Thanks! I’m going to direct the adventure in a few hours and was puzzled about that part.
the opposing names are not secrets
Submitted by Charles on Mon, 27/08/2012 – 08:34.
In the air temple, prior to the Lunar ceremony, the masks are named according to Orlanthi understanding. During the Lunar ceremony, the heroes should try to force the Orlanthi name on the mask, opposing the Emperor’s attempt to force the Dara Happan name on the mask.
Submitted by Charles on Mon, 27/08/2012 – 08:43.
this is a clash of civilisations, so the challenge is for the heroes to force the opposition to accept the heroes name (and obviously vice versa). The side that succeeds has more control over the other than previously and, as a result, the mask is better know by the name(s) that won.
- [D101 Games] Empires Ending
- [D101 Games] Empires Rising available in PDF
- [D101 Games] HeroQuest supplements included in GMs Day sale (2013)
- 1 master equals 10 men (2012)
- Area effect spells/weapons
- Berserk Magic
- Character Editing Software
- Community abilities
- Conversion Rules for RQIII to HQ – is there such a thing?
- Default resistance
- Doing things without skills
- Enhance skills
- Formal Scene Structure to Facilitate and Intrigue in Pavis Game: Feedback sought.
- Grimoires for the Lhankor Mhy? (2013)
- HeroQuest II FAQ
- HQ2 – Compelling Conflicts (2012)
- HQ2 – Daka Fal Help (2012)
- HQ2 – Need some help on framing contests
- HQ2 – Pyrrhic Victory (2012)
- HQ2 Fantasy Grounds II Ruleset
- Keyword and break-out abilities maximum rating
- Leveragable Items from RuneQuest 6 to HeroQuest 2
- Lingering Benefits / States of Adversities
- lots of Lingering Penalties
- Multiple Abilities in Extended Contests
- Multiple opponent penalty in group simple contests
- New characters in an existing game?
- Non-Glorantha Settings
- Notes from running an Orlanthi Initiation scenario
- Perception in HQ2
- Resistance for players
- RQ/HQ Confusion
- RQ6 Previews
- RuneQuest 6: Book of Quests Now Available for Pre-Order
- Sartar character examples
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes for Addl. Mechanics
- Sidekick rules
- Single-Source Superheroes–how best to leverage Heroquest for this genre
- Something Wicked; other Gateways? (2012)
- Spell Casting “Cost”
- Tips for Solitary GMing
- Too few players in a group
- Using Heroquest for Horror
- What HeroQuest Gateway supplements would you like to see?
- Wyter Abilities from the Clan Questionnaire in The Colymar Campaign