Submitted by Gilen on Wed, 10/07/2013 – 11:41
Hello I’m going to direct a adventure, prax adventure, in L.E.S convention, september, in Spain. I have a character, a agimori, maybe member of Storm Bull society. And in rules, I don´t know how to do the berserk magic. thanks
Submitted by David on Thu, 11/07/2013 – 04:48.
The basic info for Storm Bull is in Sartar, Kingdom of Heroes, page 173.
Members of the cult/spirit society use their:
Eternal battle affinity – page 175
Rage of the Bull charm – page 177
to go berserk.
As HQ is a narrative game, you need to describe what is happening (frame the contest) – For example:
“Using my Rage of the Bull charm, my hero goes berserk, and tries to charge the group of broo using his axe to kill them all”
As a narrator, I’d probably let the hero attack 4 broo at once as he swings his axe wildly.
The Engaging Multiple Opponents rule on page 43 of HQ will make this messy – but i’d say berserkers get to ignore that in my game. I’d treat all 4 as one target.
Failure would mean that all 4 are still fighting!
Afterwards the character is still berserk, the charm level is now a flaw – lets see if the hero can snap out of it or needs some help. Should the other group members start to run.
In my Praxian campaign, I limit the number of Storm Bulls to one, just to balence the group.
If you’d like to know more, please ask.
Submitted by Gilen on Thu, 11/07/2013 – 17:25.
Maybe I don’t understand well, and the english isn’t my mother language.
If I understand you, in rules, berserk magic is a bad thing for the character, you can attack multiples opponents, but without that magic you also can do it. And you have the flaw that you can attack your allies… and you’d have to use the risky gambit rule (and this is bad for the character). Possible good things in that magic:
– Maybe berserk magic is a specific ability when the character fights against chaos.
– Maybe the character can ignore the multiple opponents penalty
A off-topic question, the risky gambit rule don’t convince me. But I don’t know how to do a house rule that I’d like. I think it is promoted the defense, specialy, Defensive Responses rule.
A character, CH-A, using the Risky Gambit rule VS another character, CH-B, using Defensive Responses:
– CH-B is overriding the benefits from the CH-A action.
– And CH-B have all the benefits of the Risky Gambit (when he is doing Defensive Responses) and none of the disadvantages.
Submitted by Charles on Thu, 11/07/2013 – 21:00.
The HeroQuest rules are simple. Every skill is mechanically identically equal to any other. The whole point of this is so that the mechanics can support the story that players and GMs want.
The good and bad of the berserk seem to be important to your story. What do you want the berserker to be?
Once this is clear, you can work out how the rules might support it.
- [D101 Games] Empires Ending
- [D101 Games] Empires Rising available in PDF
- [D101 Games] HeroQuest supplements included in GMs Day sale (2013)
- 1 master equals 10 men (2012)
- Area effect spells/weapons
- Community abilities
- Conversion Rules for RQIII to HQ – is there such a thing? (2013)
- Default resistance (2012)
- Doing things without skills
- Doubt about the naming contest in Red Moon Rising (Pavis gateway to adventure)(2012)
- Enhance skills
- Formal Scene Structure to Facilitate and Intrigue in Pavis Game: Feedback sought.
- Grimoires for the Lhankor Mhy? (2013)
- HeroQuest II FAQ (2012)
- HQ2 – Compelling Conflicts (2012)
- HQ2 – Daka Fal Help (2012)
- HQ2 – Fantasy Grounds II Ruleset (2012)
- HQ2 – Need some help on framing contests
- HQ2 – Pyrrhic Victory (2012)
- Keyword and break-out abilities maximum rating
- Leveragable Items from RuneQuest 6 to HeroQuest 2
- Lingering Benefits / States of Adversities
- lots of Lingering Penalties
- Multiple Abilities in Extended Contests
- Multiple opponent penalty in group simple contests
- New characters in an existing game?
- Non-Glorantha Settings
- Notes from running an Orlanthi Initiation scenario
- Perception in HQ2
- Resistance for players
- RQ/HQ Confusion
- RQ6 Previews
- RuneQuest 6: Book of Quests Now Available for Pre-Order
- Sartar character examples (2013)
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes for Added Mechanics (2012)
- Sidekick rules
- Single-Source Superheroes–how best to leverage Heroquest for this genre
- Something Wicked; other Gateways? (2012)
- Spell Casting “Cost”
- Tap? (2012)
- Tips for Solitary GMing
- Too few players in a group
- Using Heroquest for Horror
- What HeroQuest Gateway supplements would you like to see?
- Wyter Abilities from the Clan Questionnaire in The Colymar Campaign
Page Last updated: 2023-08-05 10:41:21