Submitted by Newtus on Mon, 11/06/2012 – 05:13
Just a quick message to say that D101 Games’ latest HQ Gateway release Empires Rising a 104 page fantasy campaign setting with four complete adventures for HeroQuest is now available in PDF format from Drivethrurpg.com.
It will be available in print in a couple of weeks.
About the book
Set in the fantasy world of Athennia, “Empires Rising” is a setting about
two new empires: the Commonwealth of Atalansia and the Grydorlan Empire.
Both are beginning to take root and expand, and making a mad grab for
territory, consuming smaller nations within reach and waging war on their
neighbours. In the middle, a group of terrified nations have decided to
band together to form The Alliance, a loose confederacy whose sole aim is
to make a stand against the ambitions of these two empires.
What this book contains
Heroes of Empires Rising
Complete guidelines for character generation using the HeroQuest rules.
This chapter details the racial and professional keywords that players may
choose for their Heroes.
The Faiths of Athennia
A run down of the major religions of the setting, with Religious Keywords
and associated magical abilities detailed.
Of the Divine and Sorcerous
Magic Frame works for Battle Magic, Divine Magic and Sorcery.
The stage on which the Drama unfolds
The Athennian Gazetteer which details the countries that make up the three
main factions and those that are nonaligned.
Those who would Oppose you
A selection of characters from each of the three factions, to use as rivals
in your games.
Terrors of Atlansia
A brief but complete bestiary of creatures.
The capital city of the Alliance detailed for use as a base for your player
“Empires Rising” is a campaign guide, and can be used as a sandbox setting
in which you to play out your own stories. The scenarios detailed in this
book are examples of such stories, and can be used as a starting point for
your very own story arcs. The scenarios as they appear are also designed as
an introduction to the setting.
The four scenarios are:
– The King Thief
– Curse of the Necromancer
– Pirates of the Black Isles
– Winter’s Song
Lulu for Empires Rising?
Submitted by womzilla on Tue, 10/07/2012 – 22:07.
Is this going to be available through Lulu, or just through Drive-Thru?
Now available at lulu.com
Submitted by Newtus on Tue, 17/07/2012 – 19:31.
Empires Rising at Lulu.com in print softcover.
Yes, Lulu first then
Submitted by Newtus on Wed, 11/07/2012 – 12:20.
Yes, Lulu first then DriveThru 2nd (they have a longer approval process)
Also I will have copies at Continuum for sale, and you should be able to get them directly from me within the next couple of weeks.
Lulu are having an 18% off sale on until Friday 13 (see the coupon on the home page). If I get the proof I’ve just ordered before then and all is good I will make ER live and folk can get the discount. I’ve just done a big order for my Continuum stock and it paid for the postage 🙂
Submitted by GianniVacca on Mon, 11/06/2012 – 18:15.
Any preview available beyond the one on DriveThru? I am curious as to how you’ve managed Battle Magic, Divine Magic and Sorcery.
- [D101 Games] Empires Ending
- [D101 Games] HeroQuest supplements included in GMs Day sale (2013)
- 1 master equals 10 men (2012)
- Area effect spells/weapons
- Berserk Magic
- Character Editing Software
- Community abilities
- Conversion Rules for RQIII to HQ – is there such a thing?
- Default resistance
- Doing things without skills
- Doubt about the naming contest in Red Moon Rising (Pavis gateway to adventure)(2012)
- Enhance skills
- Formal Scene Structure to Facilitate and Intrigue in Pavis Game: Feedback sought.
- Grimoires for the Lhankor Mhy? (2013)
- HeroQuest II FAQ
- HQ2 – Compelling Conflicts (2012)
- HQ2 – Daka Fal Help (2012)
- HQ2 – Need some help on framing contests
- HQ2 – Pyrrhic Victory (2012)
- HQ2 Fantasy Grounds II Ruleset
- Keyword and break-out abilities maximum rating
- Leveragable Items from RuneQuest 6 to HeroQuest 2
- Lingering Benefits / States of Adversities
- lots of Lingering Penalties
- Multiple Abilities in Extended Contests
- Multiple opponent penalty in group simple contests
- New characters in an existing game?
- Non-Glorantha Settings
- Notes from running an Orlanthi Initiation scenario
- Perception in HQ2
- Resistance for players
- RQ/HQ Confusion
- RQ6 Previews
- RuneQuest 6: Book of Quests Now Available for Pre-Order
- Sartar character examples
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes for Addl. Mechanics
- Sidekick rules
- Single-Source Superheroes–how best to leverage Heroquest for this genre
- Something Wicked; other Gateways? (2012)
- Spell Casting “Cost”
- Tips for Solitary GMing
- Too few players in a group
- Using Heroquest for Horror
- What HeroQuest Gateway supplements would you like to see?
- Wyter Abilities from the Clan Questionnaire in The Colymar Campaign