Roleplaying in Glorantha
Cosmic forces stir. Gods and goddesses awaken, spirits cross the barrier, and essences flow over the world. Demons shatter their bonds and ravage the world. Demigods lead armies and the dead lurch forth from their graves. Oceans rise, the sky falls. It is the Hero Wars.
A Game of Adventure
Foreigners surge into your homeland. Monsters roam the landscape. Empires rise and fall, and lives hang in the balance. Adventure into the myths and conflicts of this ancient and magical world and make it your home.
A Game of Heroes
You oversee the actions of your hero. You choose the abilities and magic that will propel him towards his destiny. Gather your companions and gain the support of peoples, nations, and religions. Quest to become an immortal hero of legend.
A Game of Discovery
Starting is quick and easy, because the game is designed teach the rules as part of the story. A colorful narrative illustrates the rules,setting, and flexible nature of the system. All the rules needed to play are in this book.
- Design by Greg Stafford.
- Original Game Design by Robin D. Laws.
- Development assistance by Mark Galeotti, Roderick Robertson, and Stephen Martin.
- Cover art by Lee Moyer.
NB: Boris Sirbey has contributed illustrations but is not listed in the credits. We apologize for the mistake.
- Standard format Softback
- Limited Edition Rune Hardcover, 209 different ones
- ISBN 1-929052-12-X
- price $39.95
- 288 pages
|Table of Contents (pages 4-5).||Download|
|Forwards by Robin D. Laws, Mark Galeotti & Greg Stafford (pages 6-8).||Download|
|Chapter 1 – Playing HeroQuest (pages 9-16).||Download|
|Chapter 13 – Introduction to Glorantha (pages 222-230).||Download|
|Bibliography of Books, Movies, and TV Series (pages 266-267).||Download|
|Index of HeroQuest, complete with separate indices of Keywords and Common Magic, Contests, and Illustrations. (13 pages).||Download|
|Glossary of Essential Terms (pages 276-279).||Download|
|A basic introduction to Gloranthan Runes (pages 264-265).||Download|
|Game Aids – This contains a Character Creation synopsis, Consolidated Hero Point Costs, Sample Resistances, and the Rules Synopsis. (8 pages).||Download|
|Game Aids Booklet, page shifted so that you can make it into a bound booklet by printing it out, folding it, and stapling over the fold. (8 pages).||Download|
|Blank Character sheet||Download|
- Hero Wars 2nd edition announcement (2001)
- ISS1001 HeroQuest – Corrections
- ISS1001 HeroQuest – Roleplaying in Glorantha (2003)
- ISS1001-H HeroQuest – Limited Edition Hardcover (2003)
- ISS1001-H HeroQuest – Limited Edition Hardcover Runes (2003)
- HeroQuest 1 Support
- ISS1002 Hero’s Book – Playing HeroQuest (2003)
- ISS1302 Imperial Lunar Handbook – Volume 1 – The Lunar Empire (2003)
- ISS1303 Masters of Luck and Death (2004)
- ISS1304 Lunar Handbook Vol 2 – Under the Red Moon (2006)
- ISS1305 Men of the Sea (2004)
- ISS1306 Champions of the Reaching Moon (2007)
- ISS1307 Blood Over Gold: The Trader Princes of Maniria (2007)
- ISS1403 Sartar Rising: Gathering Thunder (2004)
- ISS1404 Sartar Rising: Dragonrise
- ISS1501 Orlanthi Narrator’s Kit
Page Last updated: 2023-07-02 18:19:06