We are all Us!
You are, too, even If you don’t know It yet
Imperial Lunar Handbook is the essential guide to the vast Lunar Empire. Mighty and magical, decadent and dynamic, conquering and liberating, the Empire is rich and complex, a land heroes, soldiers, and missionaries. It is a fusion of many disparate regions, each with its own beliefs, customs, and magic. Over all, the Red Moon guides and the Son or the Goddess rules.
- Children of the Goddess~An introduction to the mighty Lunar EmpIre, including information on What Everyone Knows. All Her Children. A Timeline of the Lunar Empire. Heroes and Other Exceptions, Governing the Empire, Travel in the Empire, The Imperial Army, and Homelands (including Dara Happa).
- Under the Red Moon~An overview of the nine Satrapies of the Empire, the Western Reaches, and the Lunar Provinces, including six additional homelands for player heroes: Rinliddi, Sylila, Darjiin, Pelanda, Carmania, and the Lunar Provinces. Each homeland provides a keyword for that culture; common magic; a specialized religion, including common cults; practices; and orders; a sample magic keyword; and an illustration of a typical hero from the homeland.
- Hero Bands~The Stone Poets and the Seventh Chance File, two hero bands that beginning heroes can join right away.
- Associations~The Seeburn, one of the many associations that organize the people of the Emplre.
Imperial Lunar Handbook, Volume 1: The Lunar Empire is the first in a series that will detail the peoples, homelands, and religions of vast Pelona. future volumes will concentrate on the most important regions within the Empire, including Dara Happa, Rinliddi, Carmania, and the Lunar Way that overlays all of the local religions.
- By Martin Laurie, Wesley Quadros, and Mark Galeotti.
- Based on the works and ideas of Greg Stafford.
- Commentary, concepts, and additional material by Davc Camoirano, Chris Gidlow, Stephen Martin, Peter Metcalfe, Jonas Schiott, Greg Stafford, and the Life of Moonson freeform and its authors.
- Cover art by Stephano Gaudiano
- Cover design by Stephen Martin and Gevin Shaw.
- Interior illustrations by Simon Bray, Gene Day, Ossi Hiekkala, Julien Lapan, Fernando Martínez Flores, Jim Pavelec, Markku Silvennoinen, Darran Sims and Tanner Critz
- Maps by Wesley Quadros
- Map shading by Stephen Martin
- Runes by Issaries, Inc.
- Content editing: Stephen Martin
- Copy editing Mark Galeotti, Stephen Martin
- Layout desIgn: Melame Haage
- Layout: Stephen Martin.
- Published in cooperation by lssaries, lnc. and Steve Jackson Games Incorporated
- Product Number ISS1302.
- ISBN 1-929052-04-9.
- 72 pages, standard format
- First Printing February 2003.
- We Are All Us
- Children of the Goddess
- What Everyone Knows
- All Her Children
- A Timeline of the Lunar Empire
- Heroes and Other Exceptions
- Map (Political)
- She Guides Us, He Rules Us
- The View from the Moon
- Map (Regions/Ethnic)
- Homeland: Dara Happa
- Under the Red Moon
- First Blessed
- Homeland: Rinliddi
- Homeland: Sylila
- Homeland: Darjiin
- Homeland: Pelanda
- The Western Reaches
- Homeland: Carmania
- Silver Shadow
- The Lunar Provinces
- Homeland: Lunar Provinces
- Hero Bands
- Stone Poets
- Seventh Chance File
- The Seeburn Association
- Page 1 Change the “Commentary, concepts, and additional material” paragraph to read as follows: “Commentary, concepts, and additional material by Nick Brooke, Dave Camoirano, Chris Gidlow, David Hall, Kevin Jacklin, Stephen Martin, Peter Metcalfe, Michael O’Brien, Jonas Schiott, and Greg Stafford.
- Page 1 Nick Brooke should be credited for the the foundational material on Carmania, on which the relevant sections of this book drew. Issaries apologizes for the oversight.
- Page 25 Shargash Keyword — Soul Sight should be Soul Vision.
- Page 43 Aronius Jaranthir — Aronius delivered the secret weapon against Sheng Seleris to the Emperor in 4/51 (1460 S.T.).
- Issaries Inc. regrets the oversight that meant that Nick Brooke – who created much of the foundational material on Carmania, on which the relevant sections of this book drew – has not received appropriate credit. We would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his valuable contribution to helping shape the Lunar Empire.
- HeroQuest 1 Support
- ISS1001 HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha (2003)
- ISS1002 Hero’s Book – Playing HeroQuest (2003)
- ISS1303 Masters of Luck and Death (2004)
- ISS1304 Lunar Handbook Vol 2 – Under the Red Moon (2006)
- ISS1305 Men of the Sea (2004)
- ISS1306 Champions of the Reaching Moon (2007)
- ISS1307 Blood Over Gold: The Trader Princes of Maniria (2007)
- ISS1403 Sartar Rising: Gathering Thunder (2004)
- ISS1404 Sartar Rising: Dragonrise
- ISS1501 Orlanthi Narrator’s Kit