Under the Red Moon
Imperial Lunar Handbook – Volume 2
Under the Red Moon takes you inside the glorious Lunar Empire. Mighty and magical, decadent and dynamic, conquering and liberating, the Empire is rich and complex, a land of heroes, soldiers and missionaries. It is a fusion of many disparate regions, each with its own beliefs, customs and magic. Over all, the Red Moon guides and the Son of the Goddess rules.
- The Visible Moon—What does She look like? Discover how the moon appears to outsiders, worshippers, with magical senses, and the beautiful face seen by devotees.
- Under the Red Moon—Beneath Her radiant gaze the world is different. Here are the details of the Glowline that defends Her empire; Her mysterious cycles and effects on worshippers, both inside and outside the Glowline.
- Religion and Empire—An overview of the Empire, including its bureaucracy, university, army and some of its special institutions. Here, too, are several new Occupations that are found in the Empire.
- The Lunar Way—Learn about the organization of the religion, where members can rise through the ranks from Adherents to Novitiates, Ordinates and Preceptors on their march towards the great secret of the Goddess.
- Sevening and Illumination—Here are the Secrets of the Goddess: how to become immortal and transcend the boundaries of ordinary life! See the glory of Illumination and the dangers of Occlusion.
- The Lunar Calendar—The sacred year explained, with the calendar showing the many holy days of the religion.
- The Immortals—Over sixty cults of the religion! These range for the many cults of the Red Goddess Herself, including the state cult of the Red Emperor. Shudder at the gods of chaos and quiver at the deities of love. Here are deities of war and destruction, peace, trade and exploration, and those that defy categorization.
Under the Red Moon is intended for both players and narrators. You must own HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha to use it.
- By Greg Stafford, Mark Galeotti, Martin Laurie, Wesley Quadros and Roderick Robertson
- Based on the works and ideas of Greg Stafford
- Commentary, concepts and additional material by: Nick Brooke, Dave Camoirano, Ian Cooper, David Dunham, Alex Ferguson, Mark Galeotti, Jonathan Geere, Jeff Kyer, Peter Larsen, Jonas Schiött, Stewart Stansfield, Nils Weinander
- Cover Art by Duck Nicolson
- Cover design by Gevin Shaw Interior Illustrations by Bernard Bittler, Simon Bray, Dario Corallo, Marian Gutowski, Music Nasca, Duck Nicholson, Darran Sims, Hiroki Tomoyuki, Keiko Yamato, Yoshihide Yano
- Maps by Wesley Quadros and Issaries, Inc.
- Runes by Issaries, Inc.
- Content Editing: Roderick Robertson
- Copy Editing: David Millians
- Layout Design: Melanie Haage
- Layout: Roderick Robertson and Rick Meints
- Issaries Publication ISS 1304
- First Printing June 2006.
- ISBN 1-929052-19-7.
- 112 pages, standard format, softcover
- Published by Moon Design
- System: HQ1
Editions & Related Editions
|ISS1304||Under the Red Moon||2006||Moon Design||Softcover|
Table of Contents
- What is in this Book?
- Using this Book
- The Testimonial
- Our Glorious Empire
- Who are the Lunars?
- Lunar Citizenship
- Lunar Names
- New Pelorian
- New Occupations
- Religion and Empire
- Moonson, Government and Religion
- The Imperial University
- The Provincial Government
- The Lunar Army
- Some Imperial Institutions
- The Lunar Way
- Characteristics of the Lunar Way
- Lunar Immortals
- Apostles of Her Life
- Lunar Denominations
- Lunar Way Keyword
- Ranks of the Lunar Way
- The Chain of Reverence
- Common Magic and the Moon
- Mixing Lunar and Non-Lunar
- Converting to the Lunar Way
- Abandoning the Lunar Way
- Under the Red Moon
- The Glowline
- The Visible Moon
- The Materialist Moon
- The Living Moon
- Using Other Magical Senses
- The Divine Face
- The Buserian Grid
- On the Ground
- Phases and the Lunar Cycle
- What does the Cycle feel like?
- The Glowline
- Outside the Glowline
- The Lunar Cycle
- Inside the Glowline
- Time, the Calendar
- Holy Days, Holidays
- The Lunar Annual Calendar
- The Immortals
- Sedenya, Aggataraltara, Alanthor, Arimtasus, Asyrex, Blaskarth, Borovich, Cerise Church, Chaghatishi , Crimson Bat, Cwurl Toran, Dakkalesilla, Danfive Xaron, Daretyries, Davadeezola, Deezola, The Seven Mothers, Erana Halfmoon, Erelia and Verelia, Etyries, Eyzaal, Felkenna, Fereshor, Fjordaur, Gerra, Glamour, Gortania, Grevlar, Hechkoth, HonEel, Hwarin Dalthippa, Ipharia Elnestratos, The Irin School, Irippi Ontor, Jakaleel Tradition, Jakaleel Spindle Hag School, Jikarvez, the Devil, Kana Poor, Lesilla, Makabaeus, Merasedenya, Natha, Nysalor, Oskholoveth, Oskrascota , Pinugia, Rashorana, Red Emperor, Rufelza, Senthera, “She Who Waits“, Takenegi, Tafamarulf, Taraltara, Teelo Norri, Ulurda, Undrendum, Uranafus, Urangar Vorderos, Valare Addi, Vargar , Verithurusa, Yanafal Tarnils, Yara Aranis, Young Elementals, Zaytenera
- Daimones, Lares, Spirits, and Agents of Reprisal
- HeroQuest 1 Support
- ISS1001 HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha (2003)
- ISS1002 Hero’s Book – Playing HeroQuest (2003)
- ISS1302 Imperial Lunar Handbook – Volume 1 – The Lunar Empire (2003)
- ISS1303 Masters of Luck and Death (2004)
- ISS1305 Men of the Sea (2004)
- ISS1306 Champions of the Reaching Moon (2007)
- ISS1307 Blood Over Gold: The Trader Princes of Maniria (2007)
- ISS1403 Sartar Rising: Gathering Thunder (2004)
- ISS1404 Sartar Rising: Dragonrise
- ISS1501 Orlanthi Narrator’s Kit