All across the vast continent of genertela, prophets, priests and madmen speak of imminent war, of a new and cataclysmic conflict that will inflame all the lands and threaten all established powers. The leaders in this coming serles of wars will be heroes and even demigods, bearing awesome and terrifying magic from beyond the earthly plane. Already the first events of the Hero Wars have come to pass in such lands as Maniria, where the once proud Holy Country has been defeated in battle, its lands and cities isolated or conquered, and its leader, the Pharaoh, lost to the knowledge of men.
In villages, forts and cities of every land in Genertela, brave men and women are preparing themselves for war, and questing for magic to aid in their survival should the prophesied conflicts ensue. This supplement provides a complete background for campaigns set in the first phase of the Hero Wars of Glorantha. All the ands of Genertela are examined and current events and personalities of importance to the hero wars are outlined.
The components of this supplement are:
- Glorantha Book: An overview of the most important aspects of the world of Glorantha. The Editor’s Introduction lakes a look at such points as daily life in Glorantha and the adventurer’s role in this world. The Six Worlds o Glorantha discusses the God Piane and Hero Piane of Glorantha as well as the Inner World where adventures normally occur. The History of Glorantha chapter is the centerpiece of the book, giving a complete history of the world since time began. Also given is an overview of the ways different Gloranthan cultures measure time and a comprehensive listing of Gloranthan languages.
- Genertela Book: A survey of the ten most important areas of the continent of Genertela. Topics covered for each of these areas include Culture, Language, Military Power, Government, History, People of Importance, Places of Interest, Regional Events, Population Size and Distribution, and Hero Wars-related Prophecies, Events and Personalities. Numerous boxed sections focus on subjects of special interest in the region.
- Players’ Book for Genertela: This book is in two parts. The first part presents extensive information on the lives and societies of the four most popular player character cultures. This section gives one of the most detailed and comprehensive look at the cultures of player characters that has ever been published for a roleplaying game. The second part of the book offers character generation for each region of the continent of Genertela, including nearby islands.
- Map of Genertela: This large, three-color continental map is suitable for use by both the players and gamemasters, and shows all points of importance, including major cities, important kingdoms or regions, topography (shown in detail), and many other features.
Editions & Related Editions
|AH8585||Glorantha – Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars||1988||Avalon Hill||Box 08|
|JOC207||Glorantha: El mundo y sus habitantes||1990||JOC Internacional||Spanish edition|
|Genertela – Sankarien sotien manner||Ace Games||Finnish edition|
- AH857 RuneQuest Deluxe Edition (1984)
- AH8570 RuneQuest Deluxe Edition (Softback) (1993)
- AH8571 Runequest Player’s Edition (1985)
- AH85711 Gloranthan Bestiary (1988)
- AH85712 Apple Lane (1987)
- AH85713 Snake Pipe Hollow (1987)
- AH85714 RuneQuest Cities 4th edition (1988)
- AH85715 Into the Troll Realms (1988)
- AH85716 The Haunted Ruins (1989)
- AH85717 Daughters of Darkness and the Chronicles of Santon (1990)
- AH8572 Runequest Gamemaster’s Box (1985)
- AH8573 Monster Coliseum (Box 1 – 1985)
- AH8574 Human Adventurer Sheets (Box 2 – 1985)
- AH8575 Non-human Adventurer Sheets (Box 3 – 1985)
- AH8576 Vikings (Box 4 – 1985)
- AH8577 Gods of Glorantha (Box 05 – 1985)
- AH8578 Griffin Island (Box 06 – 1986)
- AH8579 Runequest Standard Edition (1986)
- AH8584 Land of Ninja (Box 07 – 1986)
- AH8586 Trollpak (Box 09 – 1988)
- AH8587 Troll Gods: The Deities of Darkness (Box 10 – 1989)
- AH8588 Elder Secrets of Glorantha (Box 11 – 1989)
- AH8589 Eldarad – The Lost City (1990)
- AH85906 Sun County (1992)
- AH8591 River of Cradles (1992)
- AH8592 Dorastor: Land of Doom (1993)
- AH8593 Strangers in Prax (1994)
- AH8594 Shadows on the Borderland (1993)
- AH8595 Lords of Terror (1994)
- Dragon Pass (1983)
- Heroes Magazine (1984-1986)
Page Last updated: 2023-09-13 11:59:41