Official Answers by Chaosium
- RQ Starter Set – Book 1 Rules – Q&A
- RQ Starter Set – Book 2 Glorantha – Q&A
- RQ Starter Set – Book 3: Soloquest – Q&A
- RQ Starter Set – Book 4: Adventures – Q&A
- RQ Starter Set – Pregen Folios – Q&A
Starter Set Corrections 26 Jan 2022
A Rough Landing (page 5)
Dark Troll Mercenaries (page 10)
You Scratch My Back… (page 13)
A Trip to the Countryside (page 14)
To Mernyr’s Landing Map (page 15)
Dogs (pages 23 & 40)
Two of the scenarios an NPC has a dog as pet/guardian, Growler (page 23) and Marnus (page 40).
This seems odd to me, since we were taught for decades that dogs are VERY uncommon in Orlanthi lands, and are substituted with a breed of Shadowcats for the tasks a dog would normally help.
The Heortlings of Sartar and Hendrikiland disdain dogs and use shadowcats to hunt, herd, and as pets. Nonetheless, many Heortling and Tarshite communities use dogs for everything except companions.RQB, Dogs, page 144
The Hunter occupation in RQG also allows dogs as well as shadowcats.
To the Rescue (pages 26–27)
Phase One: Lending a Hand (page 26)
Air and water elementals
Hit points sacrificed? Shouldn’t this be magic points?
Ok, so how do I sacrifice hit points?
If the fire has 24 hit points, and you sacrifice your water or air elemental’s hit points, reduce the fire by their hit points:
- Small with an average of 9 hit points, reduces the fire to 15 HP and destroys the elemental
- Medium with an average of 19 hit points, reduces the fire to 5 HP and destroys the elemental
- Large with an average of 30 hit points, reduces the fire to 0 HP and leaves the now small elemental with 6 hit points.
Andralor (page 39)
Marnus (page 40)
Ferene (page 41)
Ivarni (page 42)
Arimaxilus (page 46)
Is this correct?
Yes, these are streamlined rules. If you only have the Starter set, you only have that information. If you have the Core Rules and Bestiary, incorporate the rules in from there.
Because the Core rules, page 303 and Glorantha Bestiary, page 181 means that Lunar magic is influenced outside of the Glowline. Therefore I would expect, that Arimaxilus does grow or shrink during specific phases of the moon.
It is not clear, if Arimaxilus is a small, a medium or even a large lune?
Using the Bestiary, Arimaxilus is 5 cubic metres, based on the attack of SIZ 50, so between medium and large. Who knows what caused it to be this size, it is a wyter and so not just an ordinary elemental.
If you are running the game with the full rules, and are tracking moon phases, make it a medium lune and apply the Bestiary rules (I did).
The Rainbow Mounds (page 48)
Opening Scene: The Rainbow Mounds (page 48)
The Red Cavern (page 60)
Note that the skill of Devise is is not described in Book 1 as it is used here in a very specific context on page 61.
Slud (page 61)
Rock Lizard Ghosts (page 67)
The Hidden Passage (page 70)
Cha’resk (page 71)
Master of the Rainbow Mounds (page 72)
The Diplomatic Approach (page 72)
- CHA4035 RQ Starter Set – Book 1 Rules – Q&A
- CHA4035 RQ Starter Set – Book 2 Glorantha – Q&A
- CHA4035 RQ Starter Set – Book 3: Soloquest – Q&A
- CHA4035 RQ Starter Set – Pregen Folios – Q&A
Page Last updated: 2022-11-06 15:24:26