- ISS4001 King of Sartar.
King of Sartar, How a Man became a God
Reprint edition. ISBN 1-929052-00-6. $19.95
288 pages, trade paperback size, 17 Maps and Diagrams
Maps and Diagrams by Greg Stafford.
Compilation of myths, stories and colorful background for the Hero Wars. This is useful as a source book for the Hero Wars game as well as a stand alone book.
The author calls this an “epistolary detective novel.” The mystery is, “Who was Prince Argrath?” The book consists of a series of Gloranthan documents, each with their own prejudices and biases, lies and errors, insights and secrets revealed.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction. P 6.
- Annotated Argrath’s Saga. P 14. Argrath’s epic story, as related many years after the Hero Wars.
- The Zin Letters. P 40. Correspondance from the early post-Hero Wars Era.
- Orlanthi Mythology. P 49. Excellent collection of tales to overview the Orlanthi mythology, as it was in the Hero Wars period.
- Composite History of Dragon Pass. P 99. Document purportedly given to Argrath as a wedding present. Wealth of local detail about the Dragon Pass area and history.
- The Argrath Book. P 163. Documents about the Lightbringers Quest, Argrath, and the EWF.
- Jalk’s Book. P 194. Data on the Colymar Tribe, Boldhome and the Grazers; and a most valuable anthropological overview of the Heortling culture.
- Conclusions. P 261. Some whacko theories by the Gloranthan compiler of this book.
Latest page revision: 26 Nov 1999