This category includes the deities of both the Doraddi and the Artmali.
The Artmali are a relic of the Godtime. In the Golden Age, the Artmali Empire ruled central Pamaltela in a glorious cold-blooded reign. Their heartless perfection could not withstand the brute vitality of the invading storm gods, and their culture vanished. Today, the Artmali Empire is remembered only by its descendants, the slaves of Fonrit and the Veldang people.
After the Artmali disaster, the Doraddi people rose. Their new gods defeated the enemies of Pamaltela and set up a way of life which has survived to the present.
Most of Pamaltela is rolling grasslands cut by seasonal rivers which rage in the wet winter and dry up in the summer. The Doraddi are semi-nomadic horticulturists and hunters living in extended families. Their religion mirrrors their lifestyle with a lively family of gods whose quarrels are petty and endless until threatened by outsiders. Mythology includes both cosmological events and explanations of the myriad social mores and restrictions.
Most plains-dwellers belong to the nomadic Doraddi culture. In the last few centuries, the Kresh wagoneers have risen. Their religion is derived from that of the nomadic Doraddi, but their culture differs in crucial details.
The members of the Doraddi Pantheon include:
- Aleshmara — The Woman
- Annilla — mystic goddess of the secret Blue Moon, a Doraddi Old God
- Aranea— spider goddess
- Artmal – moonson, father of the Veldang, an Old God
- Babeester Gor — the avenging daughter and sacred guardian
- Bolongo — the false god, the trickster, an Old God
- Cronisper — Grandfather Sky, an Old God
- Dehore — the King of Below, a Doraddi Old God
- Faranar — wife of Pamalt
- Gata — the primal earth
- Grain Goddesses — queens of the land
- Gustbran — the bonfire, one of the Lowfires
- Horned Man — the great shaman
- Hykim & Mikyh — beast parents
- Jmijie — the homeless god, the wanderer
- Keraun — the Cloud-Bearer, the good wind
- Lodril — father of peasants and volcanoes, an Old God
- Magasta — lord of all sea gods, the Churner, an Old God
- Mahome — the bonfire, one of the Lowfires
- Noruma — the chieftain of magic
- Nyanka — mother of life and childbirth
- Ompalam — god of coercion and slavery
- Pamalt — earth-king of Pamaltela
- Plant Brothers — children of the earth
- Rasout — the plains hunter
- The Lamsabi — criminal network
- The Lowfires — servants of humanity
- Selarn — thief god of Afadjann
- Sikkanos — the bad wind, the dust storm
- Thief Gods
- Uleria — goddess of love and former Celestial court goddess of life
- Yanmorla — Grandmother Earth, an Old God
- Yelm — sun god and emperor, an Old God
The Doraddi also revere the Old gods.