Index to Glorantha
Playing in or collecting literature about Glorantha and RuneQuest presents quite a challenge. What was published? What information does it contain? Is it any good? Is it worth collecting? Within these pages I hope you will find many of the answers to those types of questions. In the long-gone days of yore when the second edition of RuneQuest was still in print, the choices were far fewer and you only paid the retail price. In today’s collector’s market knowing what to pick and choose from is essential if you want to save some time and/or money.
As much as I could, over the last few decades I have attended a plethora of auctions, pestered a wide range of experts, procured numerous collections, searched the nooks and crannies of the internet, and spent many a night at my computer compiling this list of products, supplements, and articles from many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore. If it was produced between 1975 and 2015 you shall find it herein. I tried to be as accurate, complete, and organized as possible. In the end, I hope gamemasters, players, collectors, and sentimental types (like me) will find this third edition useful.
EASY TO LEARN – the descriptions are short and sweet, with a bit of light-hearted humor. Everything you need to know, as far as I know.
ORGANIZED – the book is mostly arranged in chronological order. The table of contents is complemented by a fairly detailed index.
COMPLETE – this one book contains all you need to start collecting (except dice). Rulebooks, monsters, skills, spells, scenarios, and lots of history are all provided. Glorontha certainly changed a lot…
EXAMPLES – follow the entertaining examples of how things did and didn’t get published as we see how each company managed and sometimes mismanaged things. The listings show what as well as when.
TIME-TESTED – this book has been updated to provide corrections, refinements, and additions to the previous two editions of this book. Lots of other collectors and scholars showed me the error of my ways.
FLEXIBLE – read as little or as much as you wish, without artificial restraints or worries about my lack of character or class.
Product Descriptions — which contain an overview of each item’s contents and an inventory of the cults, miniatures, spells, skills, scenarios and creatures the creators detailed. Each edition, including printing differences is also described.
Article Listings — so much of what has been written is scattered through a wide variety of magazines and fanzines. This ever-growing list is organized to help you find your way through the stacks.
What Never Was — over the years many products were announced as being in development and “coming soon”. Alas, many of them never made it to market, and I tried to find out why.
Alphabetized Lists — every cult, scenario, spell, skill and creature detailed in all of the products have been organized into lists of their sources. You will no longer have to hunt for their details or guess which book they are in. New to this edition are checklists for many of the non-English language licensed products.
Hundreds of Illustrations — Most of the products are depicted with their cover art and/or by photographs so you know what to look for when searching for them. You can also see how vividly they brought Glorantha and RuneQuest to life. The varying levels of quality and creativity, or lack thereof, are evident over the span of the 40 years worth of products included.
- The Meints Index to Glorantha: 3rd Edition
- By Rick Meints, aka Mr. Suitcase.
- Help and moral support from: Shannon Appelcline, Dan Barker, Simon Bray, Nick Brooke, David Cheng, Jeremiah Evans, David Gadbois, Jonathan Geere, Chris Gidlow, David Gordon, David Hall, Phil Hibbs, Simon Hibbs, Kevin Jacklin, Andre Jarosch, Alex Kammer, Fabian Küchler, James Lowder, Hal Mangold, Stephen Marsh, Scott Martin, Bill Meinhardt, Michael O’Brien, Susan O’Brien, Carl Pates, Sandy Petersen, Colin Phillips, Jeff Richard, Neil Robinson, John Sapienza, David Scott, Greg Stafford, Darren Staples, Steve Thomas, and Tom Webster.
- Special thanks to: All the writers and artists who created so many wonderful products for me to include. Without all of you, this book would not be.
- $49.99 USD
- ISBN: 978-1-56882-442-0
- 264 pages
Editions & Related Editions
|CHA4504||The Meints Index to Glorantha III||MIG III||2023||Chaosium||Hardcover & Leatherette|
|CHA4504-PDF||The Meints Index to Glorantha III||MIG III||2022||Chaosium|
|The Meints Index to Glorantha II||MIG II||1999||Reaching Moon Megacorp||Softcover|
|The Meints Index to Glorantha||MIG||1996||Reaching Moon Megacorp|
- CHA2000 Series Publications
- CHA4025 Guide to Glorantha (2014)
- CHA4027 RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha Quickstart (2017)
- CHA4028 RuneQuest – Roleplaying in Glorantha (2018)
- CHA4029 Gamemaster Screen Pack (2019)
- CHA4030 The Coming Storm (2016)
- CHA4031 The Eleven Lights (2017)
- CHA4032 RuneQuest Glorantha Bestiary (2019)
- CHA4033 The Glorantha Sourcebook (2018)
- CHA4034 The Red Book of Magic (2020)
- CHA4035 RuneQuest Starter Set (2021)
- CHA4036 RuneQuest Weapons and Equipment (2021)
- CHA4038 The Pegasus Plateau & Other Stories (2020)
- CHA4039 The Smoking Ruin and other Stories (2019)
- CHA4041 Cults of RuneQuest: Mythology (2023)
- CHA4042 Cults of RuneQuest: The Prosopaedia (2023)
- CHA4043 Cults of RuneQuest: The Lightbringers (2023)
- CHA4044 Cults of RuneQuest: The Earth Goddesses (2023)
- CHA4045 Cults of RuneQuest: The Lunar Way (2024)
- CHA4400 13th Age Glorantha (2018)
- CHA4503 The Stafford House Campaign (2022)
- Chaosium Magazines
- Cults of RuneQuest Series
- RuneQuest 1st, 2nd & Classic Edition Products
- RuneQuest Glorantha Publications (2017-)
- RuneQuest: Gods of Glorantha Previews (2018, 2019)
- Wargames & Card Games
Page Last updated: 2023-11-24 12:11:38