RuneQuest, Third edition Volume 1
Now in hardback book format – RuneQuest Fantasy Basic Roleplaying Adventure – of the world’s most acclaimed roleplaying games. Based on Chaosium’s Basic Roleplaying system, Games Workshop presents an up-to-date version of this realistic, detailed and sophisticated game.
This is the game which brought percentage-based skills systems to the forefront, allowing characters to develop unique patterns of skills and expertise. Each Runequest adventurer belongs to a definite culture, and learns the crafts, trades and skills of his forefathers. Each goes on to develop greater talents – including the riches of magic – as they explore an ancient world of dark adventure.
This book contains eight main sections:
- Introduction – in which the basic rules of roleplaying are explained
- Creating An Adventurer in which the system for creating the heroes you will play is detailed.
- Game System – a guide to the rules for playing the game, which provide its sophisticated pattern of play.
- Combat – the rules for handling combat man-to-man – or man-to-beast!
- Skills – details of the varying skills and abilities each unique character may learn
- The World – rules for developing the realism of the world around you
- Creatures – varied and exciting creatures, with detailed descriptions and complete stats
- Magic – the three forms of magic that bring the fantastic into reality.
- AUTHORS: Steve Perrin, Greg Stafford, Lynn Willis, Sandy Petersen, Steve Henderson, Warren James
- EDITORS: Charlie Krank, Yurek Chodak, Sherman Kahn
- COVER ART: Angus Fieldhouse
- INTERNAL ART: Tony Ackland, Dave Andrews, Nick Bibby, John Blanche, Colin Dixon, Angus Fieldhouse, Jes Goodwin, lan Miller
& PRODUCED BY THE GAMES WORKSHOP DESIGN STUDIO
- Managing Director: Bryan AnseIl;
- Studio Manager: Richard EIlard;
- Production Manager: Alan Merrett;
- Projects Manager: Paul Cockburn;
- Development Manager: Jervis Johnson;
- Art Manager: John Blanche;
- Graphic Design: Charles EIliott;
- Visualiser: Mark Craven;
- Designers/Developers: Jim Bambra, Graeme Davis, Phil GaIlagher, Marc Gascoigne, Rick Priestley;
- Artists: Tony Ackland, Dave Andrews, Colin Dixon;
- Typesetting: Julie Weaving, Gail Morgan;
- Finished Artists: Ruth Jeffery, Susan McLoughlin, David Oliver, Joanne Podoski, lan Varley, Richard Wright;
- Invaluable Support: Sue Smith.
A Chaosium Game
Published by Games Workshop Ltd. under exclusive license from The Avalon Hill Game Company
Copyright © 1978. 1979. 1980. 1984. 1987 by Chaosium Inc All rights reserved
RuneQuest IS the Avalon Hill Game Company’s trademark for its fantasy roleplaying game.
- Cover art is copyright © 1987 Angus Fieldhouse
- Internal illustrations are copyright © 1987 Nick Bibby. John Blanche. Angus Fieldhouse. Jes Goodwin, lan Miller and Games Workshop Ltd.
- Printed in the United Kingdom.
- Product Code: 004616
- (Licenced Edition of Avalon Hill’s ISBN: )
- Games Workshop, Chewton Street. Hill Top. Eastwood, Nottingham, NGI6 3HY.
- Black Sun (1984-1985)
- GW004628 Advanced RuneQuest (Volume 2 1987)
- GW004630 Griffin Island (Volume 5 1986)
- GW004655 Land of Ninja (Volume 4 1987)
- GW004667 Monsters (Volume 3 1987)
- GW03211 RuneQuest Character Sheets (1982)
- GW102107 RuneQuest Boxed set (1982)
- Owl & Weasel (1976)
- White Dwarf Magazine 1979-1988
Page Last updated: 2021-12-25 13:00:18