Compiled by Michael O’Brien, copyright © 1998
1. It’s been lonely in the saddle since the horse died.
Etched onto a ring-barked stump, deep in the Pentan prairie.
2. Don’t spit, you might need it.
Written on the last water-cistern out from the Fever trees to the Copper Sands, Genert Wastes.
3. Do not feed the animals. They are dead.
A hastily scribbled sign, at the entrance to Delecti’s Marsh, Dragon Pass.
4. The best-made plans of mice and men are filed away, somewhere.
Scrawled in the Scriptorium of the Great Lhankor Mhy temple in Nochet City.
5. STORM BULLERS! don’t shout.
Hacked into the bar of the Beer & Brawl Inn, Badside, Pavis, Prax.
6. Don’t complain about the beer, you may be old and weak yourself one day.
Tattooed onto the barkeep’s head, Beer & Brawl Pub, Badside, Pavis, Prax.
7. I wanted to be a Lunar governor but they found out me mum and dad was married.
Painted on the wall of Sor-eel’s palace, Pavis, Occupied Prax.