Hey all, while Rick is feverishly doing the layout of the Guide to Glorantha and Ian is putting the art list for The Coming Storm before I hack it apart, I’m working on a few other projects. Three are secret, and will be mentioned soon, but one is public knowledge: the Gods of Glorantha.
This book follows the structure of Belintar’s Book, and unifies Gloranthan mythology through a series of distinct and separate myths, which are periodically interrupted by in-depth descriptions of about 40 Glorantha cults. The idea is to present the mythology of Glorantha through the cults and arrange them, not by pantheon, but by thematic Age. So here they are:
- Green Age: Korgatsu, Mostal, Ernalda, Aldrya, Eiritha
- Likely Stretch Goals: Asrelia, Ty Kora Tek, Oria
- Golden Age: Yelm, Lodril, Buserian, Malkion
- Likely Stretch Goals: Daruda, Entekos
- Storm Age: Humakt, Annhila, Orlanth, Magasta, Polaris, Daka Fal
- Likely Stretch Goals: Shargash, Artmal, Oslira, Kabalt, Wachaza
- Darkness Age: Kyger Litor, Argan Argar, Zorak Zoran, Yelmalio
- Likely Stretch Goals: Babeester Gor, Maran Gor
- Chaos Age: Unholy Trio, Ompalam, Storm Bull
- Likely Stretch Goals: Seseine, Gark, Krarsht, Vivamort
- Lightbringers Interlude: Issaries, Lhankhor Mhy, Chalana Arroy, Eurmal
- Grey Age: Pamalt, Horned Man, Waha
- Likely Stretch Goals: Kargzant, Telmor
- Dawn Age: Heroes, Harmast, Nysalor, Arkat, Harmast (HeroQuesting and Illumination)
- Second Age: God Learners and EWF (Experimental HeroQuesting and modern Malkionism)
- Third Age: Godunya, Red Goddess, Seven Mothers, Hwarin Dalthippa, Hon-eel
- Likely Stretch Goals: Dormal
I realize that this does not cover every cult people might be interested in. The East Isles and Pamaltela get short shrift, while Prax gets over-represented. But I am simply not up to writing another 600+ page book, and would like to get something with a more reasonable page count out!
As always, your thoughts are welcome!