The Mountain Peaks
From each Mountain Peak, a heroquester can leap from one mountain to the next or the previous. From any mountain, one can also leap to Kero Fin. From specific mountains it is also to leap elsewhere in the Hero Plane.
- Doktados Mountain. Highest of the Skyreach Mountains. From here one can leap to Ernaldela.
- Arrowmound Mountain. In the Skyreach Mountains, overlooking the Green Dragon Vale. From here one can go to the Great Barrier.
- Soren Mountain. In the Western Rockwoods overlooking Aggar. From here one can go to the Great Barrier and to the Top of the World.
- Bear Mountain. In the Autumn mountains between Aggar and Sylila. From here one can go to the Great Forest and to Thunder Peak and the gates of Dorastor.
- Lyran Mountain. In the Hydra Mountains overlooking Tarsh and Holay. From here one can leap to the Blue Dragon River and the Endless Sea.
- Stormwalk Peak. In the Storm Mountains. From here one can go to Ragnaglar’s Ruin, to Ernaldela, and to Tada’s Land.
- Quivin Mountain. In the heart of Sartar. From here one can leap to the Engizi River and to Skyfall and to Stormwalk Mountain.
- Kero Fin – from here one can enter the Home of the Gods or leap to the Solar City. One can also leap to any of the magical mountains.
Dragon Pass and its nearby regions are crossed by several magic “roads” that enable a quester to quickly travel to specific holy places along paths that skip in and out of the mundane planes, covering the distance in far less time than travel wholly on the mundane plane. Deities and spirits, or their avatars, are presented here, summoned by the magic of traveling on the road; ritual enemies are often summoned by the same magic.
The magic roads are often used in combination with an in-world heroquest. Travel along these magic roads is dangerous. There can be enemies along each path; although their type is often known, the strength of the foes may vary widely. They are also used for rapid movement, though there are occasionally side- benefits that can or must be gained to use the road.
- Hill of Orlanth Victorious to Kero Fin
- Dragon’s Eye to Kero Fin
- Kero Fin to Smoking Ruins to Arrowmound Mountain
- Sun Dome Temple to Hill of Gold
- Kero Fin to Cave of the Mother to Umath’s Point (this is going up the mountain)
- Arrowmound to Halikiv to Balance Split to Wonderwood
- City of Wonders to Durengard to Stormwalk
- Starfire Ridge to Honor Rock to Whitewall to Larnste’s Footprint to Stormwalk Mountain to the Block
These “roads” link places that co-exist in the Gods World and Mundane World.
This mountain leaping is only via heroquesting or also by rune magic? What’s the difference?
So on a magic road, those on the road (who need to enter it as part of a magical ritual – usually a vertical heroquest) skip between the mundane world and the Hero Plane, resulting in potentially much faster travel.
either the Lunars nor the Orlanthi are the good guys. Or the bad guys. They are just mortals.
Of course the Lunars know some of the same Magic Roads.