Originally from 1997, and based on a variety of published sources at the time.
The tables shown in the sections listed below provide a timeline of Dragon Pass for the period commonly called the Third Age. Events large and small are included, both to allow use of the timeline as a source of campaign background, and also to allow for local color within a game or campaign. Please note that only years have been provided for events, even when more specific dating may be possible. This was done to ensure consistency among these events; readers are encouraged to refer to the original sources for more information.
This timeline focuses on Dragon Pass in the Third Age, but events in neighboring lands or from the end of the Second Age have been included in many cases, where it was felt that they had an important impact on the land or peoples of Dragon Pass.
This is as comprehensive a list of dates as created from published sources, but additions, corrections, and alternate interpretations are welcomed. Although no unpublished material has been used to compile this timeline, some of the sources may be unfamiliar to readers.
Finally, no “unofficial” sources have been used to compile this timeline.
Some notes regarding the sources used
Sources are listed in the timeline using abbreviations, which are explained in the table below. In the timeline these abbreviations are linked to the respect entry for the source document in the Well of Deliath. Source entries also may include a number or a list of numbers. These refer to the respective page(s) in the listed source. In many cases chapter titles are used instead.
|GtG||The Guide to Glorantha|
For the timeline the Third Age Timeline as well as the Dragon Pass and the Holy Country chapters from Vol. I have been used. Also information from the Lunar Empire chapter has been use, but only if related to events located in the Dragon Pass, and these entries are marked accordingly.
|GS||The Glorantha Sourcebook|
|GSMP||Runequest – Gamemaster Screen Pack, The Adventure Book.|
|KOS||King of Sartar|
“How a Man Became a God”
This book contains several “documents”. The “documents” used in this timeline will be listed in the source columns with the following abbreviations:
|RQG||Runequest – Roleplaying in Glorantha|
Mainly the Family History and the Homeland descriptions.
Chaosium’s original house magazine, published from 1976-1982. Contained articles in several issues, which describe events from Greg Stafford’s house campaign, i.e. the basics for the Dragon Pass history.
Wyrm’s Footnotes 2
Only the article “The Carving of Tarsh” is used in the timeline.
Wyrm’s Footnotes 11
Only the article “Dragons Past” about “The Founding of the Wooden Sword” is used in the timeline.
Wyrm’s Footnotes 12
Mainly the article “Dragons Past” (which is a reprint of Dragons Past #2). Also important is the article “Fazzur Wideread”, which is marked accordingly, if used in the timeline.
Wyrm’s Footnotes 13
Articles “Dragons Past” and “Rurik Runespear” are used for the timeline.
Wyrm’s Footnotes 14
Only the article “Dragons Past” about “The Crown-Test of Leika Ballista” is used in the timeline.
Wyrm’s Footnotes 15
Mainly the article “Campaigns of Dragon Pass”, which is an updated version of an article published in Different Worlds #28 back in April of 1983.
- 1042-1230 The Fall of the Empire of the Wyrms Friends
- 1247-1297 The Inhuman Occupation
- 1297-1325 The Taming of Dragon Pass
- 1330-1387 The Carving of Tarsh
- 1395-1470 The Kingdom of Tarsh
- 1470-1491 The Coming of Sartar
- 1492-1535 The Foundation of the Kingdom of Sartar
- 1535-1556 The Conquest of Tarsh
- 1561-1602 Conflict with the Lunar Empire
- 1602-1612 The Fall of the Kingdom of Sartar
- 1613-1616 Rebellion in Sartar
- 1616-1625 The Conquest of the Holy Country
- 1625-1630 The Liberation of Sartar
- 1631-1658 The Reign of Argrath, King of Sartar
- 1659-1881 A Less Reliable Series of Future Dates
- Gloranthan Readings
- Gloranthan Songbook
- Greg Sez (1997-)
- History and Mythology of Glorantha
- Introduction to Runes
- Moon Phases
- Myth: The Birth of the Minotaur
- Notes on the Structure of Glorantha
- Pelandan Cosmology
- Personalities of Glorantha – Blueface the Shaman (1999)
- Personalities of Glorantha – Count Julan
- Personalities of Glorantha – Cragspider the Firewitch (1999)
- Personalities of Glorantha – Fazzur Wideread
- Personalities of Glorantha – Gondo Holst (1999)
- Personalities of Glorantha – Joh Mith
- Personalities of Glorantha – Londra of Londros
- Personalities of Glorantha – Ruric Runespear
- Personality of the Month – Granny Keeneye
- Some notes on the Cradle aftermath… (2021)
- Somewhere in Sartar