The powerful forces of two great Gloranthan deities, the wind of Orlanth and the rays of Yelm, the Sun, determine seasonal changes in weather. Magical events also affect local weather significantly.
Weather in Storm Season
In Storm Season the calm center is in the far western land of Luathela. Because of the location of the calm center, most winds in Glorantha blow from north to south during this season, gradually moving again to an easterly direction. They often reach hurricane strength. The entire ocean is covered with raging, unpredictable storms. Ice hurricanes are known to rage south and stop, then turn north again. No ship made, save the vessels of the Waertagi or other immortals, can reliably withstand the weather, and only the Waertagi, Vadeli, and demigods sail during this season.The Veldru Winds weaken during this season, making the East Isles more dangerous in the face of the typhoons.
In Genertela, the Gagarth winds appear almost anywhere. These winds are often called “The Wild Hunt Storm” in the local languages. This wind seems to defy all reason and rationale as to its direction, origin, and strength, doing great harm wherever it passes. Natives universally prefer the terrible, cold, strong, but regular winds of Orlanth over the purposefully destructive rage of Gagarth.
Fronela is blasted by snow hurricanes which only slowly lose their fierceness as they blow across the continent.
The Valind Storms blow south from the Glacier across Peloria and Pent into Dragon Pass and Kralorela. They are weaker now than in centuries past, prior to the annual Kalikos expedition of the Lunar Empire, but still bring snows and freezing cold.
In Slon, the doldrums return, heading east across Jorkar’s Sea and getting smaller.
- An early map of the Lunar Empire (2013)
- Argan Argar Atlas Update (2013)
- Art direction for the cover of the Guide
- Black Dragon Mountain pictoglyphs (2013)
- Busy with the Guide
- Buy the Guide to Glorantha and the Argan Argar Atlas!
- Coming Storm News
- Copper Tablets of Yuthuppa (2013)
- Cryptic Verses of the Yellow Calendar Plate 36 (2013)
- Cryptic Verses Preview (2013)
- Dara Happan Godswall (2013)
- Dragonewt Roads Map
- Finishing with the East Isles section
- Full Map of Glorantha
- Genertela complete, Oceans ahoy!
- Getting closer!
- Getting very close with the East Isles!
- Guide status report
- Guide Status report
- Guide to Glorantha nominated for four ENnies 2015
- Guide to Glorantha Status report
- Guide to Glorantha wins Silver ENnie for Best Cartography
- Guide Update: To the South!
- Hrestol and the Vadeli Judges
- Hsunchen (Rathori and Uncoling) by Jeff Laubenstein
- Inspiration for the Gods Wall
- Inspiration for the Gods Wall II
- Kingdom of War
- Layout from the Guide
- Layout on the Guide has official commenced!
- Legend for Argan Argar Atlas (2014)
- Map of Nochet 1621 ST (2013)
- Moon Design wins 2015 Diana Jones Award for Guide to Glorantha!
- New East Isles info
- Orlanth’s Ring
- Ouranekki PDF available (2013)
- PDF downloads of the Guide and Atlas for Kickstarter backers
- Penultimate Guide Preview
- Prax landscape art direction (2013)
- Pre-Order the Guide and Argan Argar Atlas now!
- Pre-ordering the Guide to Glorantha and the Atlas – a few days left!
- Preorder the Guide to Glorantha NOW!
- Preview of Vol. One for Kickstarter backers
- Reconstructing Slontos – 2nd Age
- Reconstructing Slontos – 3rd Age
- Reconstructing the Hero Wars
- Sample cultural distribution maps
- Showing off the Guide to Glorantha
- Sixth Wane Ouranekki board (2013)
- The Gloranthan Seasons by Jennifer Lange
- The Gods Wall
- The Guide has left the Building
- The Guide is at the Printers!
- The Guide is being bound as we speak!
- The making of a Hon-eel picture
- The Mostali certainly aren’t generic fantasy… (2013)
- The Ultimate Preview and the Kickstarter Survey
- Ultimate Previews and Surveys go out tomorrow!
- Unveiling the Guide to Glorantha
- Update on the Guide – Delays and Headaches
- View of sacred Prax from the Paps (2013)
- Volume 2 and the destruction of Imperial Seshnela
- Vormain Map Creation – Step 1
- Vormain Map Creation – Step 2
- Waertagi dragon ship by Jeff Laubenstein (2013)
Page Last updated: 2022-12-27 12:43:01