1. Bruvala (ruled 1461 to 1510). Called the High Queen, the Great, or the Mother of Queens, Bruvala was the greatest queen of Esrolia since the Second Age. She was born in 1441 to House Norinel. She married 15 men, and at one time maintained 5 husbands. She had 23 children (8 women, 15 males), including three queens and one winner of the Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death. Her son forced her to retire as Reverend Grandmother, and she dominated Esrolia for another generation in “retirement”. She died in 1545, at 104 years old. Every subsequent Esrolian queen can trace her ancestry to Bruvala.
2. Bruvalaina (ruled 1510 to 1522). Born 1485 into House Norinel. Daughter of Bruvala, she was an obedient daughter of the Reverend Grandmother, until she tried to rule the city in fact as well as title. She was forced to abdicate and retired to Ezel. She died in 1544 at 59 years old.
3. Bruva (ruled 1522 to 1525). Born 1500 to House Norinel. Daughter of Bruvala, she was acclaimed queen after her half-sister abdicated. She was murdered after trying to seize power from her mother.
4. Brengala (ruled 1525 to 1545). Born 1509 to House Norinel. Youngest daughter of Bruvala, she was eventually given actual power by her mother. She aided Belintar against Doragrestol the Lisper. Brengala retired to become Reverend Grandmother upon Bruvala’s death. She was killed in 1565.
5. Norina (1545 to 1551). Born 1525 to House Norinel. Daughter of Brengala, Norina ruled well but was killed by Sartarite assassins seeking to avenge the death of their prince.
6. Imarjira (1551 to 1564). Born 1521 to House Delaeos (great-granddaughter of Bruvala through grandfather). Difficult rule, with much conflict with Brengala. Her brother won the Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death in 1550. Imarjira was forced to abdicate in 1564. She died in 1603, aged 72.
7. Valinyr (1564 to 1585). Born 1540 to House Delainaeo (great-grandaughter of Bruvala and niece of Brengala). Called the Sage. Overshadowed in history by her cousin Valina (the lover of Belintar and mother of Dormal), Valinyr was a shrewd ruler and a generous patron of many temples (particularly the Temple of Knowledge). Retired to become Reverend Grandmother. She died in 1610, aged 70.
8. Valinalda (1585 to 1610). Called the Rich. Born 1560 to House Delainaeo. Niece of Valinyr, Valinalda presided over the growth of Nochet into the largest city in Glorantha. Strongly supported the Issaries and Dormal cults, welcomed Sartarite refugees. Killed by an evil spirit invoked during a ceremony.
9. Hendira (1610 to 1622). Born 1580 to House Norinel. Granddaughter of Norina and daughter-in-law of Valinalda. She sought an alliance with the Lunar Empire after the disappearance of Belintar and built the Lunar Temple. Overthrown in a coup in 1622. She died in 1624, aged 44.
10. Samastina (1622 to present). Born 1603 to House Delaeos. Daughter of Marilaina (and great-grandaughter of Imarjira – also the niece of Hendira). She seized power in a coup against her aunt.
- 13th Age in Glorantha Kickstarter News (2014)
- A Little Background on the Stafford Library
- A Visit to the Printers – See HeroQuest Glorantha Covers
- An Ernaldan Festival (2013)
- Announcing the new Prince of Sartar webcomic!!!
- Bina Bang & Lord Lurker in Dark (2013)
- Bronze Age Weapons
- Canon and YGWV (2013)
- Company News
- Convention News
- Divine Magic: Sacrifice and Prayer
- Draft maps of the Hero Wars
- Dragon Pass on YouTube
- Experimental Mapping
- Field School of Magic
- Genealogy of the Earth Gods (2014)
- Gigantic war games of the Hero Wars
- Glorantha cultures: cross-pollination and changes over time
- Glorantha returns to Chaosium
- Gloranthan Art in Berlin
- Gloranthan artifacts
- Gloranthan Magic and Synchronicity
- Gloranthan Readings: Jorge Luis Borges – Collected Fiction
- Gloranthan Readings: Poems of Heaven and Hell from Ancient Mesopotamia
- Gloranthan timelines
- Golden Mokato
- Guide to Glorantha News and Previews
- Here’s a question for you all
- HeroQuest Glorantha News
- Jan Pospisil selling art King of Dragon Pass.
- Lunar Command Standards
- Lunar Imperial Army standards
- Lunar Province of Holay
- Malkioni Wizardry
- Map fact of the day
- Master Map of Dragon Pass
- Moon Design Creative Bunker
- More Gloranthan Art in Berlin
- New Feature: Gloranthan Readings
- Nochet, City of Queens with map
- Notes on Illumination in the Second Age (2015)
- Old School Sword and Sorcery Art from the 1970s
- On magical battalions in the Hero Wars
- Orlanth & Prax
- Praxian Nomads
- Print the Stafford Library at Lulu.com
- Queen Hendira
- RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter News
- Sartar Free Army (2015)
- Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes Underworld Quest
- Scout Dragonewt skull
- Site & Forum News
- Snippet of Seshnelan History
- Some teases on the Glorantha Source Book
- Some thoughts on spirits and gods
- Some thoughts on the Gloranthan gods, cults, and divine names
- Special ToMA episode: Greg talks about The Future of Chaosium
- Strength of the Lunar Army
- The castes of Seshnela
- The discovery of Glorantha
- The Eight Sons of Yelm
- The Gods War
- The Kickstarter Survey is nigh!
- The Map Vault
- The size of Dragon Pass (2009)
- The Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death
- Understanding the Malkioni approach to sorcery, runes, and gods
- Understanding the Runes
Page Last updated: 2022-04-29 15:23:29