Submitted by Jeff on Thu, 29/09/2011 – 00:22
As I promised on the World of Glorantha YahooGroup, here’s a map of the Yolp Mountains and vicinity.
- The most significant peak is Mount Matu or Matar, one of the great holy mountains of the Orlanthi. The Talastari, Anadikki, and Lakrini all associate it with Orlanth or at least one of his aspects. Matu is massive and has several glaciers.
- North of Matu is Yolp Mountain. Not as massive as Matu, but almost as tall and narrow, Yolp is extremely impressive looking.
- At the very north end of the mountain chain is Mount Gestinus, another very large snow-capped mountain.
The Yolp Mountains are home to some 80k trolls, whose armies occasionally march on Dorastor and were once seen raiding Rist and the Pelorian lowlands.
Some notes on the surrounding cities.
- Oarz (-upon-Joat) – Famous for its temple to “Keeper of the Secret Bridge”.
- Xarkarsh – Troll city, may be under Lunar rule, though trolls officially are not.
- Vaskoli – Main center for trade with Uz of Yolp Mts.
- Elmsarn – Also called the “Palace of Flowers” this is a temple to one aspect of aldryami the Goddess of vegetation.
- Haranshold – Capital city of Darjiin satrapy. Makes (made) moon boats.
Anyways, ask and ye shall receive.
Edits: I’ve edited the map to include some material Joerg and Terra Incognito pointed out in comments:
- Submitted by Terra Incognita on Fri, 30/09/2011 – 18:32.
- More to say about the mts:
- Several ancient ruins of Manimati which are mentioned in GROY.
- Mt Matu was called Mount Umatum in the Dawn Age.
- More to say about the mts:
- Submitted by Joerg Baumgartner on Thu, 29/09/2011 – 16:46.
- The northernmost peak would be Mt. Gestinus
- Submitted by Joerg Baumgartner on Thu, 29/09/2011 – 16:45.
- GRoY mentions 6 Yolp peaks raised by Perakosus as defense against the Erlandings, the largest being named as Mt Arketos or Mt. Gestinus.
Submitted by Nick Brooke on Thu, 29/09/2011 – 13:47.
“Who would cross the Secret Bridge must answer me these questions three, ere the other side you see…”
- Detailing Glorantha
- Draft Clan Profile Sheets for Sartar
- East Wilds And Dragon Pass
- Genertela at the Dawn
- Glorantha Convention Calendar 2010
- Glorantha Maps
- Gloranthan Wiki
- Going to London Dragonmeet?
- Greater Lunar Empire
- Guide text Finished
- Hearts in Glorantha
- Heortling Mythology goes to the printers
- Heracles Another Name
- Heroquest and Glorantha at Eternal Con 2010
- Historical Atlas Glorantha, Part IV (2011)
- King of Dragon Pass Available
- Making a Lunar Empire Map for the Guide
- Malkioni Sorcery
- Much on my Plate
- New Book New Family Member
- New Myth of the Month – Moveable Ephemeris And Gloranthan Sky
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 3
- Ropecon 2011
- Ropecon 2011 Heroes And More
- Route to Battle Valley
- Sartar Companion Preview
- Sartar Cover
- Sartar Here
- Sartar Kingdom Heroes Available at Dragonmeet, London
- Seshnela Art Direction
- Seven Fantasy Must Reads
- Sizing Art for Moon Design products
- Some Fronelan Population And Cultural Details
- Theyalan Art Direction
- What Moon Design is Working on Right Now
Page Last updated: 2022-12-12 13:53:12