Submitted by Jeff on Tue, 19/07/2011 – 14:57
For all you Scandinavian (and particularly Finnish) Glorantha and HeroQuest fans – Moon Design will be well represented at Ropecon 2011. I’ll be there, along with Pete Nash.
Pete and I will be giving the following seminars/panels:
- “Heroes in Glorantha”, Saturday 3-5PM. Pete and I will be talking about 40-50 minutes about Gloranthan heroes, HeroQuesting etc. After that, the panel is open to comments and questions about those topics or Glorantha in general.
- “Fantasy roleplaying now and then,” Saturday 9-11 PM is a panel discussion where James Edward Raggi IV, Jeff Richard, Frank Mentzer and Erik Mona discuss the history and diversity of fantasy roleplaying.
- “The Definition of a Hero”, Sunday 12-14 is a panel discussion with Pete Nash, Mike Pohjola and Guests of Honor Frank Mentzer and Erik Mona searching for the answer as to what makes a hero.
Pete and I will both be running two tabletop scenarios. I’ll let Pete describe his, but I’ll be running the following:
Title: Jeff’s Gloranthan Special
Number of players: 4 to 6
Time the games starts: Friday 19:00
Short description: What I will run has not been decided yet, but will be one of the following:
- Bronze Age, Red Moon – The players are leaders of a Sartarite clan who must chose between paying a tribute the clan cannot afford and rebellion that they cannot win.
- Fragments of the True Book – the players are a group of Rokari wizards and their companions, bodyguards, and servants who seek a fragment of a long-lost magical book of great power. Bonus: you get to use the new Malkioni magic rules!
- White City – the players are a group of Lunar officials sent by the Court of the Satrap to investigate why a city has failed to pay its taxes. Bonus: you get to use the new Lunar magic rules! More information for players: Knowledge of the HQ2 rules or the Glorantha setting is not necessary.
Maximum running time: 4 hours
Title: Masks of the Gods Number of players: 4 to 6
Time the games starts: Sunday 14 (after Pete’s panel)
Short description: A heroic adventure in the world of Glorantha. You are a group of warriors, holy people, leaders, and priests (and perhaps lunatics) who dare to enter the world of the gods to become heroes. The game is likely to reflect topics raised in the “Heroes in Glorantha” seminar.
More information for players: Knowledge of the HQ2 rules or the Glorantha setting is not necessary.
Maximum running time : 4 hours
If you are a Finnish Glorantha or HQ fan – show up to Ropecon 2011. Pete and I will be happy for the company. But keep in mind, I don’t speak a word of Finnish…
- 15 Sun Dome Temples
- A Sense of Scale
- Art and Culture and a Fantasy World
- Art Direction for Cover of the Guide
- Bearded Storm and Hagodereth, and Wyters
- Characters from Sartar Games
- Coins of Glorantha Part 1
- Coins of Glorantha Part 2
- Coming Soon Sartar Companion
- Concept Art Sartar Kingdom Heroes
- Convention Chimériades 2009
- Convention Schedule 2012
- Conventions Schedule 2012
- Dad How Good Am I
- Dara Happan Depictions of the Orlanthi Gods
- Detailing Glorantha
- Draft Character Sheets for Sartar
- Draft Clan Profile Sheets for Sartar
- East Wilds And Dragon Pass
- Four Major Cultures Genertela
- Genertela at the Dawn
- Glorantha Convention Calendar 2010
- Glorantha Maps
- Gloranthan Wiki
- Going to London Dragonmeet?
- Greater Lunar Empire
- Guide text Finished
- Hearts in Glorantha
- Heortling Mythology goes to the printers
- Heracles Another Name
- Heroquest and Glorantha at Eternal Con 2010
- Historical Atlas Glorantha, Part III
- Historical Atlas Glorantha, Part IV
- Historical Atlas of Genertela, Part II
- King of Dragon Pass Available
- Late Golden Age
- Loskalm Art Direction
- Making a Lunar Empire Map for the Guide
- Malkioni Sorcery
- Much on my Plate
- New Book New Family Member
- New Myth of the Month – Moveable Ephemeris And Gloranthan Sky
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 1, Orlanthi Dragon Pass And the Holy Country
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 2, Westerners
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 3
- Ropecon 2011 Heroes And More
- Route to Battle Valley
- Sartar Coming Soon
- Sartar Companion Preview
- Sartar Cover
- Sartar Here
- Sartar Kingdom Heroes Available at Dragonmeet, London
- Seshnela Art Direction
- Seven Fantasy Must Reads
- Sizing Art for Moon Design products
- Some Fronelan Population And Cultural Details
- Theyalan Art Direction
- What Moon Design is Working on Right Now
- Xeotam Dialogues
- Yolp Mountains