Sheng Seleris 1450 ST
Submitted by Jeff on Sun, 26/06/2011 – 13:44
The last map showed the rise of the Lunar Empire circa 1250 ST as it quickly became the dominant power in central Genertela. The next map turns the world upside down as the Lunar Empire, Kralorela, Teshnos and more, falls to the might of Sheng Seleris.
Sheng Seleris emerged from the Great Contest of the previous map. His previous incarnation challenged the New Dragon Emperor to a challenge in 1250 ST but was defeated and forced to accept slavery. A century later, Sheng Seleris emerges. He unites the Pentans, conquers the Iron Forts (which he uses as his headquarters), and even gains the allegiance of the Praxian khans (who are rewarded with grazelands and slaves in Teshnos and Kralorela). In 1363 ST Sheng Seleris invades Kralorela, conquers the land, and once again challenges the New Dragon Emperor. Again Sheng Loses loses, but this time refuses to accept to consequences.
Afterwards, his Celestial Subordinates conquer Teshnos, Ignorance, and Prax as Sheng Seleris searches for a new weapon against the New Dragon Emperor. In 1375 ST, Sheng Seleris invades the Lunar Empire. That story is told in the Redline History and in the Lunar Timeline, but in short by 1450 ST, the Red Emperor is killed (for the second and last time) and the New Dragon Emperor is defeated, in large part thanks to help from Sheng Seleris’ Dara Happan minions.In 1452 ST, Sheng Seleris attempts to conquer Vormain with an armada of ships loaded with Praxian warriors. The invasion is defeated by a divine wind summoned by the Vormaini.
The Lunar Empire consists of the disunited lands Glamour, Sylila (which rules Henjarl), and Carmania – no Emperor holds them together. Several powerful Orlanthi kingdoms dominate the western and southern highlands. The greatest of these is the Kingdom of Tarsh, ruling the newly resettled lands of Dragon Pass. The Pol-Joni march guards Dragon Pass against the Praxians. Talastar, Lakrene, Brolia, and Charg all prosper during this turbulent time.
In the south, the demigod Belintar has defeated the Only Old One and destroyed the Shadow Palace in order to unite the nations of Kethaela into the Holy Country. Under Belintar’s reign, trade flourishes and lost knowledge restored. As a result, the Holy Country is wealthy and magically powerful; only the Volsaxi rebellions centered on the ancient fortress-temple of Whitewall in the Hendrikilands mar its harmony.
In the West, Bailifes the Hammer and his dynasty have reforged the Kingdom of Seshnela with the aid of the Rokari movement, and conquered Tanisor, Nolos, Pasos, and the Safelstran city-states. This is considered a golden age by the Rokari nobles of Rindland and Tanisor, as well as by the wizard-priests of the Rokari sect. However, the loyalty of the Safelstran cities to the Seshnelan king is tenuous and their allegiance to the Rokari sect is largely non-existent.
In Ralios, the Jorstland confederation has disintegrated, leaving the eastern tribes under a restored Delelan confederation. In the northwest, the northern tribes have formed the Jofrain confederation which controls passage between Ralios and Fronela.
Two new powers threaten Loskalm’s traditional primacy in Fronela. In the east, the White Bear Empire extracts tribute from the Janubian city states (which have swelled with Lunar refugees from war-torn Peloria). In the south, a half-barbarian dynasty brings new energy to the Kingdom of Jonatela, which now rules the ancient Enjoreli lands. Religious strife threatens tears apart Loskalm, as Abiding Book sects battle Irensavalists and henotheists.
- 15 Sun Dome Temples (2011)
- A Sense of Scale (2011)
- Art and Culture and a Fantasy World (2012)
- Art Direction for Cover of the Guide (2012)
- Bearded Storm and Hagodereth, and Wyters (2011)
- Characters from Sartar Games
- Coins of Glorantha Part 1
- Coins of Glorantha Part 2
- Coming Soon Sartar Companion
- Concept Art Sartar Kingdom Heroes
- Convention Chimériades 2009
- Convention Schedule 2012
- Dad How Good Am I
- Dara Happan Depictions of the Orlanthi Gods
- Detailing Glorantha
- Draft Character Sheets for Sartar
- Draft Clan Profile Sheets for Sartar
- East Wilds And Dragon Pass
- Four Major Cultures Genertela
- Genertela at the Dawn
- Glorantha Convention Calendar 2010
- Glorantha Maps
- Gloranthan Wiki
- Going to London Dragonmeet?
- Greater Lunar Empire
- Guide text Finished
- Hearts in Glorantha
- Heortling Mythology goes to the printers
- Heracles Another Name
- Heroquest and Glorantha at Eternal Con 2010
- Historical Atlas Glorantha, Part III
- Historical Atlas of Genertela, Part II
- King of Dragon Pass Available
- Late Golden Age (2012)
- Loskalm Art Direction
- Making a Lunar Empire Map for the Guide
- Malkioni Sorcery
- Much on my Plate
- New Book New Family Member
- New Myth of the Month – Moveable Ephemeris And Gloranthan Sky
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 1, Orlanthi Dragon Pass And the Holy Country
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 2, Westerners
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 3
- Ropecon 2011
- Ropecon 2011 Heroes And More
- Route to Battle Valley
- Sartar Coming Soon
- Sartar Companion Preview
- Sartar Cover
- Sartar Here
- Sartar Kingdom Heroes Available at Dragonmeet, London
- Seshnela Art Direction
- Seven Fantasy Must Reads
- Sizing Art for Moon Design products
- Some Fronelan Population And Cultural Details
- Theyalan Art Direction
- What Moon Design is Working on Right Now
- Xeotam Dialogues (2012)
- Yolp Mountains (2011)