The First Age
Submitted by Jeff on Tue, 31/05/2011 – 22:12
In the previous map, the survivors of the Darkness welcomed the Dawn and the rebirth of the world. The next draft map is some 250 years later, and shows the era of the High Council of the Lands of Genertela (also called the Second Council) and the Reascent of Yelm.
The biggest change is the destruction of the Tallgreen Woods in the Green Wars soon after the Dawn. With its Shanassee Tree destroyed, the Tallgreen rapidly died. By 250 ST it is gone, making North Pent even less hospitable.
Elsewhere the forests are on the advance. The Greenwood extends to the Oronin valley, the Elder Wilds to the Yolp Mountains.
Another major change is in Maniria where the Mournsea was formed in a great disaster after the ruling house offended the gods. A new ruling clan, the Herlanings, is in contact with the Theyalan civilization of Dragon Pass and unite many of the clans with the aid of Ezkankekko.
In the center of the continent, the broken line marks the outline of those lands allied with the High Council of the Lands of Genertela (with its assembly in Dorastor). The Heortlings, Aldryami of Rist, Elder Wilds, and Greatwood, Uz of Dagori Inkarth, Shadowlands, Halikiv, and Yolp Mountains, and the Dwarves of Greatway and Gemborg dominate these lands, but it also includes the Dragonewts of Dragon Pass, Esrolia, and at, this time, the Herlanings of Slontos. Heortling colonies have been established in Dorastor, Karia, and the upper reaches of the Doskior River. The Praxians are not members of the Council, but closely allied to it as mercenaries.
In the north is the newly restored (but of ancient lineage) Empire of Dara Happa. The Horse Lords are gone – either incorporated into the nobility of Dara Happa or kicked out to the lands east of Dara Happa. Dara Happa and the Council have a very uneasy relationship that soon will degenerate into a century of war. Between Dara Happa and the Council is the independent principality of Sylila.
In the West are two new political entities: the Silver Empire of Seshnela and the Dari Alliance of Ralios. The Dari have been in contact with the Council and are heavily influenced by the Theyalan missionaries (and have adopted several often conflicting cults of Orlanth), but fight any attempts to integrate the Dari into the Council (especially by the aldryami and trolls). To the north of the Dari, Lake Nralar has disappeared (destroyed by Nida) and Lake Ehilmka, always shallow, has become marshland inhabited by fishermen and bandits.
Further west is the Silver Empire of King Lofting. Twenty years ago, King Lofting conquered the non-Malkioni lands west of the Dari Alliance, but subsequently lost them. Nonethless, the Silver Empire is the richest land in western Genertela, and trades widely.
To the north are the Fronelan Malkioni colonies – most important being the Akem confederacy of southern Fronela. Isefwal has been under increasingly pressure from the Enjoreli (a tribe of bull-riding pastoral agriculturalists who worship a violent storm god) and their savage allies. Aid from the Silver Empire saved Isefwal from likely defeat in 220 ST, and the Enjoreli retreated back to their farms and pastures.
In the east the Kingdom of Splendor peacefully prospers in slendid isolation. To the north is Ignorance (called Dozakiland by the trolls), with its troll rulers and priests, blood sacrifices and gladitorial contests. Finally, the human settlements in Sechkaul have coalesced into Teshnos.
Submitted by Jeff Richard (not verified) on Tue, 14/06/2011 – 14:51.
Most is covered by forest, although human habitations exist (likely under the suzerainty of the forest lords). A fascinating period of Pelandan history that has been utterly ignored by the Dara Happans.
Submitted by Joerg Baumgartner (not verified) on Mon, 13/06/2011 – 23:24.
What happened to the Lendarshi horselords gone native in Pelanda? The Dara Happans haven’t yet expanded that far. All covered by forest?
Submitted by Jeff Richard (not verified) on Wed, 01/06/2011 – 08:57.
Oops I totally left out the making of the Mournsea! Edited the description. But no this had nothing to do with the Middle Sea Empire.
Submitted by Scott (not verified) on Wed, 01/06/2011 – 02:30.Nice! I don’t recall this first sinking of Maniria…somewhere in Middle Sea Empire?
- 15 Sun Dome Temples
- A Sense of Scale
- Art and Culture and a Fantasy World
- Art Direction for Cover of the Guide
- Bearded Storm and Hagodereth, and Wyters
- Characters from Sartar Games
- Coins of Glorantha Part 1
- Coins of Glorantha Part 2
- Coming Soon Sartar Companion
- Concept Art Sartar Kingdom Heroes
- Convention Chimériades 2009
- Convention Schedule 2012
- Conventions Schedule 2012
- Dad How Good Am I
- Dara Happan Depictions of the Orlanthi Gods
- Detailing Glorantha
- Draft Character Sheets for Sartar
- Draft Clan Profile Sheets for Sartar
- East Wilds And Dragon Pass
- Four Major Cultures Genertela
- Genertela at the Dawn
- Glorantha Convention Calendar 2010
- Glorantha Maps
- Gloranthan Wiki
- Going to London Dragonmeet?
- Greater Lunar Empire
- Guide text Finished
- Hearts in Glorantha
- Heortling Mythology goes to the printers
- Heracles Another Name
- Heroquest and Glorantha at Eternal Con 2010
- Historical Atlas Glorantha, Part III
- Historical Atlas Glorantha, Part IV
- King of Dragon Pass Available
- Late Golden Age
- Loskalm Art Direction
- Making a Lunar Empire Map for the Guide
- Malkioni Sorcery
- Much on my Plate
- New Book New Family Member
- New Myth of the Month – Moveable Ephemeris And Gloranthan Sky
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 1, Orlanthi Dragon Pass And the Holy Country
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 2, Westerners
- Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures: Part 3
- Ropecon 2011
- Ropecon 2011 Heroes And More
- Route to Battle Valley
- Sartar Coming Soon
- Sartar Companion Preview
- Sartar Cover
- Sartar Here
- Sartar Kingdom Heroes Available at Dragonmeet, London
- Seshnela Art Direction
- Seven Fantasy Must Reads
- Sizing Art for Moon Design products
- Some Fronelan Population And Cultural Details
- Theyalan Art Direction
- What Moon Design is Working on Right Now
- Xeotam Dialogues
- Yolp Mountains