Jeff Richard is one of the regular posters in the RuneQuest Facebook Group. here’s some of his recent RuneQuest posts, only Jeff’s replies are included where relevant. Facebook membership is required to access the originals.
As an aside, I often post notes or things that I am working on that I think people will find interesting or useful. But I am posting this material without edits or revisions – they are all notes or works in progress. If people really expect me to edit or revise such ephemera before I post it, I am probably not going to post such things.Jeff Richard, 2021
Newest at top, oldest at bottom.
As I work on some community resources for RQ, I am trying to make my life a little easier by tying things to Pendragon and to the ancient world, at least for points of comparison.
Working model is that 1 Attic Talent is about 75 Pendragon Librum or about 6000 Lhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/RuneQuest/permalink/1641237536052239/
Caravans are a huge part of the setting, particularly in Dragon Pass. Especially caravans going through Sartar once it is liberated. Beginning in 1627, the new Prince encourages caravans traffic and places them under his protection, in exchange for a toll based on the value of the commodities carried. I suspect the toll is collected by the Issaries temple in any of his cities, but caravans that have paid the toll are under his protection from those Sartarite and Praxian tribes that respect the Prince’s authority.
These tolls are probably the bulk of the Prince’s revenues, but quickly give the new Prince great financial resources. Which make it a lot easier to buy the loyalty of tribes and mercenaries.https://www.facebook.com/groups/RuneQuest/permalink/1641197792722880/
Alone is culturally more like Wintertop than Alda-Chur. Alda-Chur is more like Dunstop than it is like Alone. Ponder that.https://www.facebook.com/groups/RuneQuest/permalink/1636703869838939/
Jaldon Goldentooth is the undisputed leader of the Praxian Waha khans. A powerful Hero from the Second Age, Jaldon has sworn to follow the White Bull to the Final Battle, and shall not rest until then. Born a Bison Rider, he is now claimed by all the Animal Nomads.
Jaldon is utterly uninterested in tribal affairs, intrigues, or other nuances. He obeys only Argrath White Bull and expects every Waha cultist to treat his every word as law, which they do. He ignores all others unless they get in his way. He is the embodiment of the harsh Praxians way of life – ruthless, cruel, and merciless.
Jaldon does not enter New Pavis, or at least is not seen within its walls, but is always atop his mount, Home. He appears as a skeletal man with a grinning mouth filled with golden teeth and has fiercely blazing eyes.https://www.facebook.com/groups/RuneQuest/permalink/1624826464360013/
- 2020-04 RuneQuest on Facebook April Highlights
- 2020-06 RuneQuest on Facebook June Highlights
- 2020-07 RuneQuest on Facebook July Highlights
- 2020-08 RuneQuest on Facebook August Highlights
- 2020-09 RuneQuest on Facebook September Highlights
- 2020-10 RuneQuest on Facebook October Highlights
- 2020-11 RuneQuest on Facebook November Highlights
- 2020-12 RuneQuest on Facebook December Highlights
- 2021-01 RuneQuest on Facebook January Highlights
- 2021-02 RuneQuest on Facebook February Highlights
- 2021-03 RuneQuest on Facebook March Highlights
- 2021-04 RuneQuest on Facebook April Highlights
- 2021-05 RuneQuest on Facebook May Highlights
- 2021-06 RuneQuest on Facebook June Highlights
- 2021-07 RuneQuest on Facebook July Highlights